Re: Verizon.net Email Login Issue
Gladlys
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying again... the first time I sent this message I got an "unexpected error."

That worked! Thank you so much! My Outlook on my Surface Book is both sending and receiving messages. This Saturday is my computer club meeting, and I will be sure to bring this up in case other folks are having this problem.

After making this change, my iPhone email is still working - I was worried that it wouldn't. Any ideas on why my verizon email on my iPhone and my iPad would not work earlier today, but suddenly started working again? I'll try this process if they stop working again, but it's a mystery how they got fixed without my doing anything.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure about Apple products. I have a Surface Laptop 1, Surface Pro 7 and a Samsung Galaxy A51. 🤔

0 Likes
TinaM2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having mail issues too. Windows Mail 2012 will not send/receive & is rejecting my password.

Server Error code: 0x800CCC90

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

Both errors are fairly generic & cover a multitude of issues.

This was sudden, I did no suspicious downloads, virus scanned & also Malwarebytes. 

I'm at a loss! I can retrieve mail thru AOL but I have business folders in Windows Live that I need.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Tina,

Scroll back up to the AOL link I posted earlier and give the procedure a whirl. It restored access for my Samsung smartphone and Microsoft Surface devices.

KDKD1

Anyone notice that this problem is only occurring to some of their verizon.net emails?   I have two and only one is impacted, using the same email apps.  My spouse, who also uses the same third-party email apps (on a different phone and computer), has two email at verizon.net and neither of them are impacted at all.  What gives?  Why are some emails cursed with this new "safety" feature and others are not?  

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It seems to be a slow rollout.

I have two AOL and one verizon.net accounts. My AOL accounts changed months ago. My Verizon account changed a few days ago.

Eventually all AOL supported accounts will be updated.

TinaM2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Giving it a shot now....thanks Dexman

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let us know what happens. 🙂

TinaM2
Enthusiast - Level 2

IT WORKED!!! Thank you much! I've been wrestling with this for 4 days. I can still get mail thru the AOL app but I have used Outlook Ex/Windows Live mails for the 15yrs that I've owned a computer so its my routine. Bottom line, Im old & don't like change...lol

Best regards!

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Success! 😊

I'm set in my ways, so, I know the feeling. ☺