Re: Verizon.net Email Login Issue
ehfm7409
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck with that.  And how is that a solution?

0 Likes
ehfm7409
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Strengthen security"??? Please.

0 Likes
ehfm7409
Enthusiast - Level 2

The generate a new password link at the top worked.  All the other POP3 and SMTP settings remained the same, just swapped out the password and all works again.

Thank you.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

My verizon.net emails have not been working on my old iPad Air 2 for about three weeks.  So just now I followed the AOL instructions to delete and re-add my verizon.net email account to the native Mail app on my iPad.  Trying to do the settings "manually" did not work, so I re-did and selected the big AOL button but entered [myname]@verizon.net and my ORIGINAL password.  It is now working.  IMAP I think.

Two observations:

- The "look" of this process makes me think that AOL is trying to push us verizon.net email users further into the AOL world.  It was more AOL-ish.

- I did not have to generate a new password to do this on my iPad.  This is different from what I had to do for Outlook 2003 on my ancient XP machine (about which I have a few posts farther above here).

Did anyone here fix his iPad Mail verizon.net email setting differently from this?

FYI - On my iPad in Settings for Mail, I cannot see the actual "advanced" or "manual" settings for this account other than it is using the "AOL SMTP Server" and "Server Port 993".  The automatic AOL setup process seems to not show the rest of these settings.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't say that AOL is trying to push verizon.net users into using AOL email addresses in that I had to go through the same process with my two AOL email accounts. 🤔

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

dexman - agree with you that AOL did not try to change my Verizon.net address.  It just felt more AOL and less dry Verizon.  The new owners are trying to entice us further into the AOL carnival tent.  

Verizon AOL email with Outlook for Mac v16.51 too many auth attempt error
jimsloy

Can anyone explain this and the fix?

I have been using Fios and Outlook for 100 years now.  VZ switched us over to email hosting from AOL.  Been using that for 50 years now.  Why, all of the sudden, does Outlook have an issue sending emails?  Asks me for my password, doesnt work, and tells me too many auth attempts.  I have changed NOTHING.  I can get into AOL's crappy webmail page w/ the same credentials.

What is the magical fix or does VZ not care and I'm all of the sudden out of luck using Outlook like so many other poeple?  This happens about once a month for a week.  NOTHING has changed.  

I know many others have posted this and no one seems to provide an answer and you get the same lousy automated responses from other providers.  Same goes for alot of other forums.  What is the secret?  

0 Likes
jimsloy

Let us know when your new app password stops working in a few weeks like mine did.  Then what do you do?  Nothing works.  Old password, new app password, same app password.  You will continue to get access errors.  I am using Mac Outlook Desktop.  The new app password worked once - for about a month.  Then you're hosed.

What's frustrating is that the native Mac Mail app works w/ my regular (non stupid aol app specific) password.  It is something from within Outlook that can't handle whatever AOL has done to 'beef up' security for our emails that are already recorded permanently somewhere for the Russians and Chinese to review.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the month since I reset my verizon.net password, everything has been fine across my devices (Samsung Galaxy smartphone and two Microsoft Surface computers).

My use case is a bit different than yours in that I use the stock Samsung and Microsoft email apps for my Google, AOL and Verizon addresses and Outlook for my Outlook addresses.

0 Likes
Rambunctious1

Just adding a vent.  Unable to log in on W10 desktop Outlook app using single @verizon.net account.  I tried:

• resetting email via AOL web page
  • generating app password using AOL
  • removing & recreating account (IMAP)

Resetting password I'm able to log into other devices with this account, but still no luck on W10 desktop.  This is humbling.

😠

0 Likes