Verizon.net Email and Efax
markstvn

Suddely, I no longer get efax faxes forwarded to my inbox.  I used a different email account and it is not the EFAX server as these were promptly deposited in my INBOX.  I believe Verizon is filtering the EFAX messages with attached fax using a spam filter before it even hits my box.  Has anyone else had this problem, and has anybody else complained to Verizon about not received faxes from EFAX into their Verizon.net email.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Verizon.net Email and Efax
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Is the sending address getting any type of error?

You should check these settings in Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list.
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

You can also specifically add the sending address/domain to your Safe Senders list.

0 Likes
markstvn

This has already been done.  I had been successfully receiving emails from Efax through my Verizon account for a few years.  Recently I have been getting some of these 24 hours later, rather then within minutes after they were sent.  When I switched to having them sent to another non-verizon account, also set up in Outlook, they come immediately.  I really can't figure it out.  I requested that Verizon Whitelist this domain, and got a response that the domain holder would be contacted.

Its not a priority now since having the faxes sent to my other non-Verizon account has solved the problem.  For some reason, I can't help but think that they are being delayed or not sent due to a junk mail filter at the mail server level before they even hit my box.

I've had this computer with this version of Outlook on it up and running for over three years.  For all I know the problem could be at the Efax level, I'm not sure I trust everything they tell you.  They did say, they didn't have any problems on their end.

Thanks for responding

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@mssblack wrote:

This has already been done.  I had been successfully receiving emails from Efax through my Verizon account for a few years.  Recently I have been getting some of these 24 hours later, rather then within minutes after they were sent.  When I switched to having them sent to another non-verizon account, also set up in Outlook, they come immediately.  I really can't figure it out.  I requested that Verizon Whitelist this domain, and got a response that the domain holder would be contacted.

Its not a priority now since having the faxes sent to my other non-Verizon account has solved the problem.  For some reason, I can't help but think that they are being delayed or not sent due to a junk mail filter at the mail server level before they even hit my box.

I've had this computer with this version of Outlook on it up and running for over three years.  For all I know the problem could be at the Efax level, I'm not sure I trust everything they tell you.  They did say, they didn't have any problems on their end.

Thanks for responding

The only filtering before your mailbox is the blacklist, which is why I asked if the sender was getting an error. If they're blacklisted, they are getting a bounceback saying so.

Otherwise, all filtering is done in your mailbox, but it's important to note that the default setting for spam/blocked senders is to delete the message. This means that if they blocked it and you haven't specifically set them to save, you'll never see the message.

0 Likes
hrh2

i am having the same issue!

e fax says its verizon and verizon says its e fax

Statred last week .....

0 Likes
markstvn

This started last week for me too, and I was baffled until I went to EFAX.com and noticed the faxes were sitting there in my inbox, just not making it to my Outlook Inbox.  I called EFAX and they said, as soon as they hit the inbox, they are forwarded to the specified mail server.  Verizon and Efax have worked flawlessly for me for a couple of years and no changes were made to junk filters, etc.  As soon as I switched the email address at EFAX to the second email account I have through another ISP, which is also set up in Outlook, everything worked again.

Then I went to Verizon Whitelist and asked them to Whitelist:

message@inbound.efax.com

I received an automated reply that it was being investigated.  I don't know what the outcome has been, because I haven't switched my receive email address back to Verizon.  My suggestion would be to either view your faxes through the Web portal at EFAX or find a free email acount and set it up in Outlook, then go back to EFAX and change the receive address to the new account.  I'm accessing my secondary account through a Verizon connection, so that has nothing to do with it.  The issue is the Verizon mail server.  While I tend to be skeptical of anything EFAX support tells me, I think in this case they are correct.  I don't believe it has anything to do with EFAX.  I have been getting all my faxes into my second email account without fail, which by the way has exactly the same filter settings as I use on my primary account also accessed through Verizon.  They are not coming and being deleted as junk, I don't have my filters set up that way.  Furthermore, the same computer with the same software with the same settings delivered the faxes through Verizon for years, now something is changed at Verizon.

0 Likes
markstvn

I just did an experiment.  Went to Web based email and turned off filter to automatically delete spam.  I sent a fax to my fax number at EFAX.  Prior to sending, I reset efax to send to two email accounts, the verizon account, and the other account.  I sent the fax and received it on my second email account.  The verizon account neither received the fax nor was it put into the spam folder. 

Bottom line, the efaxes sent to Verizon email account aren't showing up at all, either as regular email or as spam in the online filter.

Have no idea what is causing this, but at least for me, no matter what is causing it, EFAx to VERIZON,  doesn't work.

I would stick with the workaround of using a second email address for your faxes.

0 Likes