Verizon.net email will NOT connect to Blackberry browser - Vz help useless
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

On my new Blackberry Bold 9930 given to me by my company for company email, if I use the blackberry browser to check my personal home verizon.net email  ([myname]@verizon.net), verizon's email servers will NOT connect to the blackberry browser and will either kick me out of logged-in status or give me an "email server not available" error message.

The blackberry and the blackberry browser are working just fine.  The blackberry browser connects well to everything else, including these forums, the New York Times website and the Wall Street Journal website (all of which require log-ins), etc.  Everything else about the blackberry is 100%.

Also, on the way to verizon.net email on the blackberry browser, I have to log in at My Verizon, and that works at first also.  (The next page says "Hello, Irving".)  When I then click on "Email", I am either kicked out of logged-in status or get an "email server not available" error message.

I spent an hour on the phone with a totally uncooperative Verizon DSL customer support supervisor, who insisted I should call Verizon mobile.  But there's nothing wrong with the blackberry.  The problem is with the verizon.net website email servers, which will not connect correctly to the blackberry browser.

The Verizon DSL customer support supervisor adamantly refused to connect me to Tier 3 Verizon DSL network support or even pass them a message.

This started about a month ago, and Verizon customer support then also asked that I speak with Vz Mobile, and Vz Mobile confirmed it is a Verizon DSL email/network issue - there's nothing wrong with the blackberry or its browser.  Vz is just being obstinate.

By the way, if I go to my home PC and access verizon.net email using my PC browsers (IE or Firefox), I have no trouble connecting and then receiving or sending emails vis those browsers.  Verizon's email servers refuse to connect to a Blackberry browser.

Who else has this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon.net email will NOT connect to Blackberry browser - Vz help useless
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Just sent a private message to

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/169083

Let's see if anyting happens.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon.net email will NOT connect to Blackberry browser - Vz help useless
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Vz refuses to fix email access issue - cant access verizon email with blackberry browser
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

My Verizon email problem is not fixed but my original forum thread here has been locked by Verizon.  I cannot access my personal verizon.net email using the browser on my company-issued blackberry.

Verizon asked me to communicate with them privately about the problem.  I have done so.  Waiting to see if Verizon will fix its verizon.net email servers to communicate well with a blackberry browser.

In the meantime, I have posted about this problem all over.  At one forum, another member suggested I try the blackberry browser to access email at a different email account.  I just did.  There was NO problem accessing my email account at outlook.com with the blackberry browser.  I never use that email, but (on the blackberry browser) I could read the few emails that were there and (through the blackberry browser) send emails to my other email accounts.

I have communicated that to Vz as well.  Let's see if Vz fixes its email servers.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Vz refuses to fix email access issue - cant access verizon email with blackberry browser
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

I downloaded Opera Mini on my Blackberry 9930, it works, but I have the same problem with the m.verizon.net website - it won't let me stay logged in.  Definitely Verizon's problem.

0 Likes