Verizon rejects my email for no apparent reason
nosilverbullet

Hello,

I work at a scientific organization. We have our own mail server properly configured, we do not send subscription emails, nor do we send spam or anything like that.

My personal email from the address can not be delivered to a user at @verizon.net. It is rejected with the following message:

<[email removed]@verizon.net>: host mx-aol.mail.gm0.yahoodns.net[74.6.141.40] said:
421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from {edited for privacy} temporarily deferred due to
user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html (in reply to MAIL FROM
command)

We posted a request to Yahoo and they answered that "the delivery failure you reported didn't originate from a Yahoo Mail server" and suggested that we contact with the domain we are sending email to.

Our IT team double-checked everything and can not think of a reason why our mail server should be blacklisted. To my knowledge, it is not blacklisted on any other email services.

Will it be possible to reconsider blocking of our mail server?

Best regards,

Dmitry

0 Likes
Re: Verizon rejects my email for no apparent reason
jonjones1
Legend

It may be blacklisted at http://www.spamhaus.org on their lists.

or Verizon may block Russian email. As it states because of complaints.

additionally I would remove your email address from the post or you will get spammed.

0 Likes
nosilverbullet

Neither {edited for privacy} nor {edited for privacy}, or the corresponding IP addresses, are on Spamhaus lists.

I have never heard any news about Verizon blocking emails from the whole Russia.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@nosilverbullet wrote:

Neither {edited for privacy} nor {edited for privacy}, or the corresponding IP addresses, are on Spamhaus lists.

I have never heard any news about Verizon blocking emails from the whole Russia.

It doesn’t mean all of Russia. It could be a subnet address of which you are sending from/through/to the reason was given for the rejection.

it could be your peering partner handling your mail. Your transport route. Or other variables. Did you try sending through another server (relay) that you have access to?

although many organizations don’t allow doing this, sometimes organizations have more than one MX exchange pipe to send mail out. College and police organizations come to mind. Government offices etc.

0 Likes