Verizon - repoint or scrub email alias from Business to Residential?
mjonis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had small business service.  I had to close my small business (was operated out of my home).  Verizon was unable to transfer the service to residential, so Verizon did a Disconnect and Reconnect order.

I asked both agents twice what would happen to the email accounts and was never told they would be deleted.

Fortunately we don't save any email in the account (we download to local pc's).

Okay, so the email accounts from Business are locked out (well if you email them you get an undeliverable, but if you try to login, it says account suspended).

I would like to re-use the email aliases.

I contacted Verizon support via chat and Faud helped me.  He said Verizon discontinued the ability to repoint or scrub 8 months ago (yet I see posting on this forum that scrub is an option in May of 2015).

I said, "OK, if the accounts are deleted, why can't I create a new sub-account with the alias?"

I created a sub account, and in the account creation, it asks you for an email.  I enterd the desired email and it let me (this is what Faud suggested).

So I thought all is well.  No go.  Apparently that email field is useless and not actually used by Verizon (even though it's mandatory).

How can I create a sub account and have it get the "old" email alias?

Again, I don't care about the emails (none were lost), I just want to re-use the alias.  Either the aliases are gone/empty in which case I should be able to re-use them, or they are still there, and Verizon should be able to repoint them.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon - repoint or scrub email alias from Business to Residential?
mjonis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hoping someone on the forums can escalate or private ticket like they have for other users with this issue, as I'm getting different answers each time I call.

I had residential FIOS service a while ago and switched to Small Business.  They were able to transition/repoint the alias to the Business account (so I *know* this can be done). 

I placed an order with Verizon a few weeks ago and the rep said that they COULD transition from Business to Residential, gave me a ticket #, and said I'd get a call in about 5 business days when it was complete.  I specifcally asked about the email addresses and was told that they would be transitioned over.  10 days later, no call.

I called back and a new rep looked up the ticket and said that was incorrect, they could only do a Disconnect/Reconnect.  The lady got Residential (Miss Ming) on the line and went through the whole order and I *again* inquired about the email addresses and was told that it should go through.  No mention whatsoever about the "keepmyemaildomain" service.  Business rep said that since I was retaining all equipment, there was no need to return anything.  She gave the serial #'s to Residential to transition.  Residential said that the reconnect should only take a few hours.

The order was supposed to happen on the 8th of June.  On June 6th I get a box in the mail from Verizon with a box in the box.  Attached is ONE sheet of paper telling me how to assemble the box and return the equipment and that there's another piece of paper (Shipping Label) that contains a list of WHAT I'm supposed to return, along with the address.  Guess what?  NO other piece of paper is there.

On Monday, the 8th, the disconnect happened at 7:00 a.m.  at 12:30 all services were still down.  I called Verizon again.  A third rep looked up the ticket and said that the reconnect order wasn't completed properly and that's why nobody did anything with it.  She also looked up the disconnect and said that's why I got the box because the previous rep didn't put a "Stop Order" on the equipment return.  Great.

I spent the next 3 hours on the phone with Residential tech support who was clueless about getting the services reactivated (kept trying to tell me I had to reconnect my cable tv from the ONT to the Verizon router, but I have cable card and told her I've been using it for years just going to the TV's).  She finally had to get Tier2 support who had everything fixed in a few minutes (there's apparently a Video "button" they have to enable and the first tech support person didn't know that).  I AGAIN inquired about the email address and the clueless tier 1 rep said that when I activated my account that would happen.

Well, nothing's happened.

I opened a tech chat on June 8th with Faud who then said that scrubbing can't be done anymore at all (yet I see people here who are able to get it done all the time).  but that I can create a sub-account with an email address of the "old" one.  Which apparently wasn't true/correct.

I had a tech chat on the 9th with Khaja who said that was incorrect, and that the USERID is what's used for the email (then why Verizon makes you input an email address in the field is beyond me if it's useless/not used).  She then informs me that they *can* scrub but only residential to residential or business to business.  But that they can't do Residential to business or vice versa.  Funny because they DID that for me when I switched last time.  She then said I *can* use keepmyemaildomain but only if I no longer have ANY verizon services.  So I asked about how do I cancel ALL my Verizon services to get that done and then she said I *can* do it.

So I try to do it and the website says it can't be done if the disconnect order has been placed.  Khaja says it can be done, but I will have to contact business tech support to get that done because she is Residential support.

Really?  How clueless/messed up can this be?

Either Verizon can repoint like they did last time, or they can release the de-activated email addresses so I can use them.

Seriously, is anyone out there able to help?  I see moderator's assisting others all the time with this, so I'm hoping some kind sould will be willing to assist.

--Kevin

0 Likes
Re: Verizon - repoint or scrub email alias from Business to Residential?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes