Re: Verizon's New POP settings for Email
thepops1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Folks,

Maybe you can help me as well.  I can get mail on the webmail client, no problem.  I can send from outlook 2007, I jusat can't get any mail in.  I can ping both the incoming and outgoing servers. (and I am using yahoo).  Here are my settings:

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@thepops wrote:

Folks,

Maybe you can help me as well.  I can get mail on the webmail client, no problem.  I can send from outlook 2007, I jusat can't get any mail in.  I can ping both the incoming and outgoing servers. (and I am using yahoo).  Here are my settings:

You need to check that box under the incoming port number line that says "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"

thepops1
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I check that box not only does it continue to not receive, it no longer sends either!

0 Likes
thepops1
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK.. Got it to work... but I'm not sure why... I enabled the SSL and that let the incoming mail test work,, but broke the outgoing Smiley Mad  it gpt an error saying it couldn't authenticate.  So I set up the outgoing NOT to use the incoming credentials but put in in manually (the same as the incoming one) and now both ways work!   No idea why, but it's working!

thanks !

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't remember if its documented, but it has been recommended before NOT to use the same settings option. 

0 Likes
Blessed517
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have tried all of the suggestions and followed them to the "T" but still get the error message that my username and password are incorrect or that the incoming server is not responding. I am so frustrated spending so many hours trying something that she be simple enough.
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

QUESTIONS

1)      What VZ Service Do you have ?

2)      Where are you located ?

3)      What equipment,Operating System and email software are you using ?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's New POP settings for Email (THE REAL FIX)
jmack386

Hello to Everyone,

I've been going through the same thing logging onto my Verizon Email on my 5s.  

1) Contact "Verizon Fios" customer service.

2) Have them reset your password.

3) Change your password back to the previous name.

4) Log back in on your IPhone - its still going to say that your user name and password is incorrect with pop.verizon.net.

5) OK

6) Change Incoming Host Name:  incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

7) Change Outgoing Host Name:  outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

😎 Save - You should see check marks highlighted

9) Turn your IPhone off/on and it should work.

10) Under ADVANCED, make sure your incoming server is set to 995 

11) click onto smtp and add server "outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net" set it to 465. Turn it on, all others off.

*You should be connected.......

0 Likes
mindyopp

Trying to set up my Verizon account on Outlook on a new Mac (new to me) using the incoming/995 and outgoing/465 settings. For whatever reason, Outlook won't lock in the 995 setting, keeps pushing the setting to 110. How can I force the switch? I have "override" selected.

Any thoughts you can share would be HUGELY helpful, thanks!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure you set SSL?  Outlook defaults to 110 for non ssl and 995 for SSL.

0 Likes