Re: Verizon's outgoing e-mail server foolishly blocking spam-complaints
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Blackbeltmom,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Blackbeltmom,

We have closed your private support thread due to no response from you. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need some help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
atomicgillie

@corbulon wrote:

I tried to complain today to a spammer's Internet-providers and, obviously, included the spam itself in my e-mail (as an attachment). To my surprise, outgoing.verizon.net blocked my message telling me, it is "spam"...

Please, debug the problem. Thank you!

spoof@american express.com

0 Likes
hmsrs6

Why does Verizon allow me to RECEIVE phishing emails and spam, but prohibit me from reporting it?  I received a phishing email purporting to be from Paypal.  Paypal's website has the following direction for these scams:

If you believe you've received a phishing email, follow these steps right away:

1. Do not enter any financial or personal information. Do not click on any links or download any attachments within the suspicious email.
  2. Forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com. Do not forward the message as an attachment.
  3. Do not alter the subject line. Delete the suspicious email from your email account.

We'll send you an email response to let you know if the email is indeed fraudulent.

Why does Verizon's outgoing e-mail server prevent me from reporting this scam? 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They cannot tell that you are not the spammer.  They allow you to send copies to their spam detector not caught address and the government's.  Perhaps a few others, but not many.

Address to send Verizon suspected spam                spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

Address to send Us government suspected spam    spam@uce.gov

0 Likes
D4Lee

Corbulon,

In my opinion, you are quite right! I had Verizon flag a message as spam that I was trying to send. It was TEXT ONLY, but in a variety of font sizes, regular and bold print, and font styles. Like you, I had only ONE intended recipient.

Donald

0 Likes
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

@tns_2 wrote:

They cannot tell that you are not the spammer.  They allow you to send copies to their spam detector not caught address and the government's.  Perhaps a few others, but not many.

Address to send Verizon suspected spam                spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

Address to send Us government suspected spam    spam@uce.gov

That's not going to help.

The issue is that I am trying to report phishing spam (which was caught by Verizon's spam filtering) to the company that is being spoofed. I got email today claiming to be from American Express but it was a phishing scheme. Verizon is not allowing me to forward the email to their designated address -- spoof@americanexpress.com so they can investigate. It seems like they should have a whitelist of  reporting addresses that spam is allowed to be sent to so it can be reported. I hope that other ISP's are more enlightened so at least other reports can get thru.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can probably zip the email up and send it to American Express if you want.  Verizon and the goverment notify major sites when you send them copies of such phish, so its not really necessary for you to send a copy directly.  Remember its not easy for them to tell that you are not the spammer or Phisherman.

0 Likes
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

It seems like there would be minimal risk in allowing known spam to be sent to abuse and spoof addresses at any domain. It's just stupid to reject attempts to report the criminals who are sending this out.

0 Likes
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

So this is still an issue. I thought it had been fixed and that I could forward to some abuse/spoof addresses but I am unable to forwrard Paypal spoof mail to spoof@paypal.com. How do we get this fixed? it is stupid beyond belief that I am unable to forward phish mail to help the provider identify the criminal.

0 Likes