Verizon vs Hotmail
byrdman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

mail sent to my Verizon address from Hotmail is never received. This has been going on for over two years.  Do Verizon & Hotmail not get along.   Any ideas how to fix this issue?

kb

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon vs Hotmail
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I don't have any issues receiving from Hotmail. The only other suggestion I can make is to add hotmail.com to your Safe Senders list.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Are the senders getting any type of error? What happens if you send a test message to yourself?

You should check your settings:

In Mail under My Settings (can be accessed from your Inbox):
1. Blocking - Make sure that you do not have the sender's address/domain in your Blocked Senders list.
2. Filters - Make sure that all of your filters are set up correctly. Be especially wary of "not" filters. (Ex: If subject does not contain spam then automatically delete.)
3. Spam Detector - On the Setup tab, set this to save the messages to your SpamDetector folder, then check for the missing messages there.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need more information about any of these settings, or if these are all set correctly and you still cannot receive.

byrdman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Senders get no error message or bounceback. I even tried setting up a Hotmail account myself & tested sending to my Verizon address, to no avail.

I checked the items you mentioned. I have no filters set. The only blocked senders are ones I have done on a case by case basis. No Hotmail goes into spam folder or trash. 

If you have any other thoughts, I'll be happy to receive them.

kb

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I don't have any issues receiving from Hotmail. The only other suggestion I can make is to add hotmail.com to your Safe Senders list.

byrdman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

adding hotmail.com to safe senders list fixed the problem.  Huge thanks!

0 Likes