Verizon webmail spell checker
farkas1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My spell checker is absolutely useless.

One Verizon person even suggested I use AOL!

My OPS is Windows XP Home Edition with all the latest updates.  The Verizon web mail spell checker simply highlights characters and words without any traceable logic.  I have spent hours with various Verizon persons and got to where I am using Eudora and Outlook to write important emails. This Spell Check however works as it is OK.

Would love to troubleshoot but, have no clue where to start. 

Do you have this problem?

Have you found a solution?

Feb. 07, 2011

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon webmail spell checker
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the way the webmail works is not intuitive enough.  I think, in addition to highlighting the word, that a drop down appear with suggestions.  

right now if I do spell check and click on the highlighted word, it will offer the suggestions, but I stared blankly at the page for a good 15-30 seconds before clicking on a word to see if anything would happen. 

Some of the suggestions were not relevant, and it did not recognize the word Verizon. 

It has a limited dictionary and could possibly be improved on.  

Justin46
Legend

Yeah, I did the spell check in both the "new" and the "old" webmail interfaces and it works the same way, highlights the words it thinks are wrong and when you click on each word it gives you some suggestions, some pretty good and some totally useless. But it does work, better than nothing, at least for me.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
BertoBob
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, here is teh basic question - how can a user modify or edit whatever rudimentary dictionary is part of WebMail>

Words such as "can't" or "that's" or "xxxx" (my last name in my signature, are not misspellings, but are words in common usage.

This is very frustrating as most every other email package has this capability.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@BertoBob wrote:

So, here is teh basic question - how can a user modify or edit whatever rudimentary dictionary is part of WebMail>

Words such as "can't" or "that's" or "xxxx" (my last name in my signature, are not misspellings, but are words in common usage.

This is very frustrating as most every other email package has this capability.

My webmail does not flag "can't" or "that's" as being mispelled. I did not find a way to add words to the dictionary, but there is an Ignore All option for single messages.

My browser has a built-in spell check, so I never use the spell check in webmail unless I'm testing something...

0 Likes