Verizon yahoo email sub account.. No receive
tomj1

I set up a new yahoo Verizon email sub account.

I received the automatic "welcome" reply but now I am not receiving any email to this account. I can send mail from it just fine.

I can log into the yahoo web mail and even there no incoming email show up.

Any suggestions??

0 Likes
Re: Verizon yahoo email sub account.. No receive
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry that you are having trouble with your subaccount. You said you created your subaccount and dont see emails coming in, but can send just fine. Make sure you sign out of your primary account and login using the sub account username and password. If still unable to receive emails, please check to make sure in your email settings that autoforward is not turned on. If you need further assistance, please send me a private message so we can look further into this.

0 Likes
belinda330

Im having the same problem! Have you figured it out yet or got a response? I just created my sub-account last night, and received the Welcome email, but Im not getting any of my test emails; although I can send an email to another account and get it.

Belinda

0 Likes
WalterOlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same problen since july 2010. I have 1 main account and 2 sub accounts. All 3 can send email, but the emails to the 2 sub accounts are bounced back with

Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias:

I downloaded the verizon in home agent, talked to several verizon on line help agents who did a remote assist session. I have to explain the problem over and over again and they do the same thing over and over again. I know the definition of insanity, however the sub accounts still do not work.

0 Likes
LloydK1

Having the same problem here. Can receive email at new subaccounts, but not send. A/F off and all settings seem to be correct, but get illegal alias notice when trying to send whether through verizon yahoo mail or Outlook Express.

0 Likes
WalterOlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same problen since july 2010. I have 1 main account and 2 sub accounts. All 3 can send email, but the emails to the 2 sub accounts are bounced back with

I downloaded the verizon in home agent, talked to several verizon on line help agents who did a remote assist session. I have to explain the problem over and over again and they do the same thing over and over again. I know the definition of insanity, however the sub accounts still do not work.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@WalterOlson wrote:

Contact tech support through one of the options on the Contact Us page. Explain the issue and that you need a ticket sent to the "OSC" for this issue to get resolved. If they won't create a ticket for you, ask to speak to a supervisor. (Being polite will get you further than yelling, trust me.)

The error you are getting means that what Verizon has in their system for that account does not match what Yahoo has in their system. This is not something that first-level support is going to be able to resolve.

0 Likes
WalterOlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. I'll will try that. FYI, I am very patient with customer service. Seeing how the customer service people I work with are treated by some our customers I have a lot of respect and empathy for the job. It's not some I could do. (Too thin skinned). Thanks Again., Cathy

0 Likes
Re: Verizon yahoo email sub account can't receive emails but can send
UnBrokenB24

my Verizon Yahoo sub-account can't receive emails but can send. Incoming error message reads:

Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias to created sub-account email address.

Why? and How is this fixed? Verizon has been No help at all.

0 Likes