VerizonYahoo Banner Ads - What's The Deal?!
turbobink

As verizon customers using and paying for premium services (FIOS Inernet, FIOS TV, Wireless, Home Phone) I'd think that we'd be able to eliminate the annoying ads that continually barrage us while using our VerizonYahoo email.

Whether the continual display of these ads is the result/fault of Verizon, Yahoo or an agreement between them I don't know and I truly don't care. What I do know is that this is the kind of thing that makes me seriously consider another provider or another internet experience.

If there are means by which these ads can be eliminiated, I love to hear about them...

0 Likes
Re: VerizonYahoo Banner Ads - What's The Deal?!
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah ... I made the mistake of "switching" to a Yahoo "experience" as the result of an email from Verizon insisting that I needed to "choose" on since my old experience was the MSN one which they were getting rid of.

To say I hate the Yahoo portal is an understatement.  

I'd like to switch back to a "Verizon" experience, but alas that is not an option -- all you can do is switch to the AOL experience and I really want nothing to do with that.  

I don't use the portal, so it general doesn't affect me much -- I use the GoogleApps service for my own domain name and have my email setup to pull via POP anything which comes into my Verizon mailboxes.   But, I'd really like to ditch the Yahoo stuff altogether and get back to just a native experience.

If anyone's had success ditching these portals and getting their account back to a native experience, please share!

Re: VerizonYahoo Banner Ads - What's The Deal?!
turbobink

I'm wondering if canceling my FIOS Internet account and then reestablishing a new one, ignoring the "requirement" to choose an online experience, would do the trick.

A while back, I actually went the step of switching from Yahoo to AOL to try and address my frustration. For some reason I quickly returned to the Yahoo thing. I can't specifically recall why but something had to have been quite amiss with AOL to compel me to return to the Yahoo experience.

0 Likes