WEBMAIL timeouts immediately.
ccrjon

Why is it that I'm CONSTANTLY having problems accessing my email from the web.  When I access my e-mail through the web, I always have these problems....

Your session has expired.....  Um, how can it be expired when I JUST LOGGED ON!

I log in again and again and again over and over throughout the day.  It will even log me out when I'm in the middle of composing an e-mail because it goes to save a draft of the e-mail I am typing (which is every 30 seconds) and then the draft is missing when I log back in......

I even called Verizon and asked about this.  Here's the **bleep** they told me.  The 'remember my password' checkbox that is there on the logon screen is there for show only.  It does nothing.  Webmail logs you out after 5 minutes no matter what.  Nothing can change that..

Yet, my free AOL account and yahoo e-mail accounts have no problems staying logged in all **bleep** day?  How much money am I paying these **bleep** per month and they can't even figure out a simple thing like webmail?

0 Likes
Re: WEBMAIL timeouts immediately.
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hi ccrjon, I do apologize for the trouble that you are having with webmail. However, there are timeout periods for security purposes on our site. What browser are you using? Are you still having the trouble? When you check "remember password" the site will remember your password unless you delete your temporary internet files, ( cache ) or passwords depending on the type of browser that you are using.

Shamika_VZ

Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
dwightliv

I've just given up on www.verizon.com. Try MAil2web. Works very well, no set up problems.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Check the date and time on your PC   if it's off, the cookies tie into the date and time. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I was wondering more about this subject, so MIT offers a better explanation and solution.  so try this and see if it works...

Your session timed out. The WebMail server maintains a "session" with your browser, but the session eventually times out if WebMail detects no activity between the browser and the server. When you are composing or reading a message, you are interacting only with your browser, not the WebMail server. If this takes more than several minutes, the session will time out automatically. WebMail does this to conserve resources on the server, and also as a security measure in case you forget to log out on a public-use machine.

To prevent your session from timing out, especially when you are composing mail messages, display your INBOX in the main WebMail window. The INBOX is refreshed automatically every few minutes, which has the effect of keeping your session active.

Another option is to compose your email message in the text editor provided by the operating system:

Windows=Notepad
Mac OS 9=SimpleText
Mac OS X=TextEdit

When you finish composing your message, cut and paste it into your WebMail message. This way, you can make sure that your message is exactly the way you want it without worrying about WebMail timing out on you.

Harlan2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same problem.  Never happened until a few months ago, and now happens all the time - once it times out once, that's it for the rest of the day, every subsequent login is immediately logged out again.

Can anyone explain to me the purpose of having "the community" ask each other how to solve this problem, when clearly it is a Verizon website issue?

0 Likes
pettifog
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  It seems to have started all of a sudden a couple of months ago.  It has nothing to do with security timeouts!!  Sometimes it times out within 20 seconds of logging in.  Then it continually times out while composing messages and deleting messages -- sometimes while reading messages.  It makes it impossible to use.  To suggest that the solution is to draft emails in a text document and cut and paste it into an email is ludicrous -- plus it doesn't work!  I have tried it many times, as a last resort -- I'll just get it pasted and before I can send it, I get timed out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And this "solution" does not solve the problem of the timing out while I'm trying to read or delete a message.  Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
petesza1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a Verizon problem.  I went through Verizon Chat to ask what was going on with Webmail.  More than one of the techs told me that they are waiting for a new release of webmail that will address the problem.  Until then we are stuck.  Right now I time out at different rates.   Regardless of checking the "remember my id/pw" it no longer remembers you so you have to log back on with each time out.....

They did not have an ETA so I expect it will be a long time.  I am in the process of switching to a GMail account and will just stop using my VZ webmail account.

0 Likes
judyjudy1

I am having the same problem. Having to completely lock in is a pain. Why does the keep mee signed in button not work?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes