Re: WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN IN EVERYTIME I WANT TO SEE MY E-MAIL
samuel6261
Enthusiast - Level 2

After years I've had it with Verizon.

The worst web site ever. 

The worst customer service

After not beening able to get to my emails without jumping through hoops-I spent hours changing my email address from verizon to outlook on all my accounts.

I have a couple of months till my contract ends and I'm canceling everything verizon.

I can get the same if not better service at half the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I leave verizon I must sign in, no matter how short or long a duration.
ronbon2
Enthusiast - Level 3

How long must I suffer with this? India told me two days. How soon?

Re: WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN IN EVERYTIME I WANT TO SEE MY E-MAIL
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having this issue too when using Verizon Yahoo for e-mail. I've seen many posts about changes made to accessing e-mail with Outlook Express, etc. but nothing for Yahoo??

What should the default access page be, would that make a difference?  I'm using https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/...

Re: Logging in every time I access my Mail
bobbypro11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, Verizon just started needing to log in every time for e-mails. What's up with that?? What a pain. Annoying.......Hope management reads these blogs. 

cmw4
Enthusiast - Level 3

May I ask, why do I kep a pop up telling me my session has expired??   And then I have to sign in again, even if I just checked an hour before. Has anyone come up with a solution yet?  Thanks

wert1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem: car no longer starts.  Obvious solution: fix the engine so it starts.  Verizon's solution: remove the engine!  TERRIBLE THOUGHT PROCESS ON THE PART OF VERIZON!!!  If there is some security problem with staying logged in for 2 weeks, fix THAT problem; don't remove the feature!  

Some people have suggested using an email client, and I do.  I find web-based email web pages in general to be HORRIBLY user-unfriendly, and not just Verizon's.  However, I access my email with multiple computers, and it can cause email sync problems if each computer has an email client.

I just hope they use this experience as a lesson that customers DO get angry and upset when good features no longer work, and many of them WILL switch to another provider if they get angry enough.  Unfortunately, when companies get too big, as Verizon has, their customer service quality goes down, and they don't care anymore.

cmw4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting.  When I went to  email today, there was a message...

There is a problem with the "keep me signed in functionality"

HMMMM!

MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone have recommendations/info on SECURE, FREE e-mail programs since the Verizon web mail has become so frustrating with the logon issues?

I've used Outlook Express before(free?), I've downloaded Thunderbird but haven't set it up yet.

Thanks for your input!!

keep me signed in
missyNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Am I reading this right? This function will no longer be available? I do understand the need to perioticaly have to re-sign in, but not because I go to a different website and go back...or because i've been on the computer and didn't use the page for say 30 minutes.  It is really annoying.  I hope that I am misunderstanding that that feature will be going away completely...am I?  Thank you

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MsSusan wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations/info on SECURE, FREE e-mail programs since the Verizon web mail has become so frustrating with the logon issues?

I've used Outlook Express before(free?), I've downloaded Thunderbird but haven't set it up yet.

Thanks for your input!!

Thunderbird is good.  Microsoft's successor to Outlook express is Microsoft Live Mail, available free as part of Microsoft essentials.