Wednesday, July 7th - Webmail down again?
JGordon24
Enthusiast - Level 1

My email went down about an hour ago via the online browser. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Likes
Email down again?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Is email down again?

0 Likes
Re: Wednesday, July 7th - Webmail down again?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

POP mail is down right now and I cannot access email via webmail.

0 Likes
JGordon24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, at least we know it's a Verizon issue and not just us.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Time to lodge a complain with the FCC about this.  First time ok but two within a week is no longer acceptable.

JGordon24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, considering the fact that we actually pay for this email service and it's not free...it's getting REALLY old. Especially with no explanations at all.

0 Likes
JGordon24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got this response:

My apologies for the issues... Indeed, there is an outage, affecting the email service... We are aware of the issues and working towards a resolution... There is no definitive estimated time for restoral, at this point. Again, I apologize for the trouble.

0 Likes
WORST EMAIL SERVICE EVER
stracq

i HAVE NO COMPLAINTS WITH THE FIOS TV OR INTERNET SERVICE.  THE EMAIL MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.  i HAVE NEVER SEEN A SERVER DOWN SO MUCH FOR MAINTENANCE AND/OR ISSUES

0 Likes
Re: WORST EMAIL SERVICE EVER
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Time to move email to gmail or yahoo or something that works better than this.  Twice within a week, unacceptable.  Time to lodge a complaint with the FCC.

0 Likes
Re: WORST EMAIL SERVICE EVER
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You know ... I think most people have the option of selecting a Yahoo! or AOL "experience" (depending on where you live your options might vary) from your main account.   The selection of an "experience" is free and moves all the mail handling for your account over to that provider.   For example ... my experience is "Yahoo!" and I use the Yahoo portal to get to my email (and it even associates with my other Yahoo! accounts).   The incoming and outgoing mail servers are different ones (still a verizon name, for instance incoming is incoming.yahoo.verizon.net, but this actually points at a "Yahoo" server).

You might consider trying one of these ... not however that once you select and "experience", you can't come back to the Verizon webmail portal.

0 Likes