What is the deadline date for email migration?
DavidSt

Today (Feb 28, 2017) I received a notice to make a choice about my verizon.net email address.  However, the deadline date was missing!  The email said "Effective null, we'll no longer provide verizon.net email service."  The web version showed "Effective $LASTDATE, we'll no longer ...".  Could somebody kindly let me know what that date is so that I can effectively choose from the various options?

Also, if I were to keep my verizon.net email address, can I still use a POP (or SMTP) client (such as Apple "Mail" or "Thunderbird", or a phone app) to access it?  Don't really want to use a webmail interface if I can help it.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications!

0 Likes
Re: What is the deadline date for email migration?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide more information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Location ?
County
State

0 Likes
Drummer123

I am trying to find out the same thing. And if I'm passed it how do I access my emails. I have found no link to migrate to AOL. This is crazy!!!

0 Likes
DavidSt

Sorry, did not realize it varied from location to location.  My location is Anne Arundel county in Maryland.  I did find later that the date happens to be March 31, 2017.

Still curious to see if I can still use a standalone POP or SMTP email client rather than a webmail based one.  Thanks for any information.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

UPDATE from BERGEN COUNTY NJ

Received migration notice March 6 with April 15 deadline

Migrated SUCCESSFULLY March 6...amazingly fast.

Now on learning curve for all the bells and whistles of AOL

So far Outlook 2013 and my Ipad 2 also working OK after ONLY changing to

new PWD created when setting up AOL

0 Likes