Why are some emails re-downloaded from Verizon (AOL) server to Outlook 2016 causing doubles?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Why are some emails re-downloaded from Verizon (AOL) server to Outlook 2016 causing doubles?

Message 31 of 33
(555 Views)

I agree that the problem recently has been worse than ever.  I am using Outlook 2010.  It had gotten to the point that I had to change my Internet E-mail Settings on the Advanced tab by un-checking the box that says, "Leave a copy of messages on the server."  That fixed the problem, but it is a little inconvenient in that I can no longer see my emails with my cellphone after they are downloaded to Outlook.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Why are some emails re-downloaded from Verizon (AOL) server to Outlook 2016 causing doubles?

Message 32 of 33
(551 Views)

I agree...yesterday I had one of my email accounts get hit four times.  Infuriating!!!!  I try to clean up my AOL account since that's where they are coming from.  But if I empty out my AOL account then everything is removed from my cell phone.  I'm so tired of this!  I've called tech support and had them try to help...hours on the phone and nothing changes.  I'm told that since there aren't duplicates with my gmail account (also goes to Outlook) or my cell phone, it is a Microsoft issue.  My husband has the same issue and he has spent well over 18 hours on the phone with Microsoft.  There's something weird since it NEVER happened when Verizon owned the process.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 33 of 33
(325 Views)

This is still happening.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.