Why is it that I am not allowed to terminate my yahoo email account? Yahoo termination not working
Just_Asking
Enthusiast - Level 2

Termination of my yahoo email account is not happening. I tried to the yahoo termination page and it goes into a loop trying to verify my email account. There is no technical support number that I can reach and the whole thing is frustrating. I am very close to abandon the account. My verizon.net account is hosted by yahoo.

0 Likes
Re: Why is it that I am not allowed to terminate my yahoo email account? Yahoo termination not worki
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I few years ago I had similar problems with Verizon email (before it was migrated to AOL).  They don't have a simple way to close your account anymore.  Can be real annoying as I wanted people to stop using that email id.  They do close after 6 months, but if you look at them, as I did to identify those still using the old emailid, that 6 months keeps moving later.

I contacted then Verizon email support and no one knew how to close the account.  Doesn't surprise me that OATH(AOL/Yahoo) also makes it hard to close an email account.

0 Likes
Re: Why is it that I am not allowed to terminate my yahoo email account? Yahoo termination not worki
jonjones1
Legend

@Just_Asking wrote:

Termination of my yahoo email account is not happening. I tried to the yahoo termination page and it goes into a loop trying to verify my email account. There is no technical support number that I can reach and the whole thing is frustrating. I am very close to abandon the account. My verizon.net account is hosted by yahoo.

Simple way is to just remove the account from your computer, phones, tablet and not even bother logging back in. I would just get a free non Verizon email account from Outlook, GMail but not AOL or Yahoo. Tell your friends your new address.

0 Likes
Just_Asking
Enthusiast - Level 2

Many thanks for your answers! My biggest complaint appears to have been resolved: the avalanche of spam has stopped and I just get one or two once in a blue moon. However, I did get an account with another email provider (free of course) and will pull the plug on verizon/yahoo if the things that caused my complaint come back.

0 Likes