Re: Why won't Outlook 2013 allow me to set up a Verizon.net email account?
Fuory

Oh and since you guys still have yet to figure it out here is your awnser for 2013 on Win 8 and connecting to Verizon email. Enter your name, email address as well as user name and pass. Just copy what you see below trust mt it works.....

0 Likes
New settings not working on iPhone.
Green17
Change all as stated by Verizon then make sure the "Authentication" on both the incoming and outgoing is checked even if it says so click on it then check it again in the menue.

Hope this helps. Had to figure this out on my own even after talking to a Verizon and Verizon wireless. What a waste of 45 minutes.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Fuory wrote:

Oh and since you guys still have yet to figure it out here is your awnser for 2013 on Win 8 and connecting to Verizon email. Enter your name, email address as well as user name and pass. Just copy what you see below trust mt it works.....

Don't mix pop.verizon.net with outgoing.verizon. net

old servers (still work for now but will be discontinued some time in the future)

incoming.verizon.net

outgoing.verizon.net

new servers

pop.verizon.net

smtp.verizon.net

0 Likes
iamwordwiz

I don't want to use another mail application. I use Outlook to organize my life and I like it. There must be some way to make Outlook 2013 (running on Windows 😎 shake hands with verizon.net.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@iamwordwiz wrote:

I don't want to use another mail application. I use Outlook to organize my life and I like it. There must be some way to make Outlook 2013 (running on Windows 😎 shake hands with verizon.net.

Outlook 2013 (windows 8 or not) works fine with Verizon.net.

0 Likes
Fishead1

Those port settings do not work for me. I had to go back to the old port settings ,port 25 and port 110.

I spent several days trying to find out why my e-mail stopped working as it was working till I changed the ports as instructed. I was getting a password error stating that my password was wrong or not valid.

So what's going on here?I read quiet a few posts of people having problems with the new settings.

I wound up deleting the e-mail account in Windows Live e-mail and making a new account with the same e-mail name and let Windows Live do auto set up which set the ports at 25 and 110.

I'm a little Leary of going back to the new port settings as everything is working now. I know eventually I'll have to go to the new ports as they will phase out the old ones but I'll worry about that when it time to do that.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Possibly a problem with the SSL level being used.  I know in the past there have been some problems there, although I would hope that Windows 8 includes the fixes.

I assume you left your id off the screen capture for privacy reasons.  If not it may be the problem.

I know many people including some friends in my area, have it working.  I don't have windows 8 or outlook 2013.  I do know one of them had a problem when mixing the servers that did show a password error.

0 Likes
johndhanks

Thank you, this worked for me!

0 Likes
Why won't Outlook 2013 or Office 365 allow me to set up a Verizon.net email account?
FSSimon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am running WINDOWS 7 and OUTLOOK 2013. I have Office 365, too. 

I have followed directions scrupulously. I have had Verizon take over my computer three times, with no success over the past 3 months since I purchased a new Dell.

Error message: 

Send test e-mail message: The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

0 Likes
Re: Why won't Outlook 2013 or Office 365 allow me to set up a Verizon.net email account?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@FSSimon wrote:

I am running WINDOWS 7 and OUTLOOK 2013. I have Office 365, too. 

I have followed directions scrupulously. I have had Verizon take over my computer three times, with no success over the past 3 months since I purchased a new Dell.

Error message: 

Send test e-mail message: The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Check your security software, make sure it's not set to scan your outgoing messages. This can hold up the sending process and cause it to time out.

0 Likes