Switch Account

Why won't Outlook 2013 allow me to set up a Verizon.net email account?

Why won't Outlook 2013 allow me to set up a Verizon.net email account?

SOLVED
Contributor Canuck3003
Contributor
Message 31 of 59
(7,542 Views)

Okay has anyone figured this out??  Outlook 2013 will not work with my verizon a ccount at all.  I have tried all the settings in POP3 and IMAP, but nothing is working.  Anyone know if there is a fix out there??

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 32 of 59
(7,532 Views)

@Canuck3003 wrote:

Okay has anyone figured this out??  Outlook 2013 will not work with my verizon a ccount at all.  I have tried all the settings in POP3 and IMAP, but nothing is working.  Anyone know if there is a fix out there??

Yes. Many times over. In order to figure out your specific issue, though, we'll need to know what settings you are using and what error message you are getting. Screenshots are preferred.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 33 of 59
(7,519 Views)

@Canuck3003 wrote:

The OP had the same problem and subsequent replies solved the problem.  I suggest you do one of two things:

1.  Go to the thread post that solved the OPs problem. 

2.  Or follow somegirl's request and provide the screenshots, then she will be able to identify the specific issue that is causing the problem.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 34 of 59
(7,497 Views)

Provide the ones you used for POP.  IMAP is not supported by Verizon.  Edit out any Personal info such as email id and password.

Contributor crmnsn
Contributor
Message 35 of 59
(7,263 Views)

jt7797 - It worked!  Thanks!  All the other input had me going cracy, but going to the outgoing server tab did the trick!

Contributor ClaireH
Contributor
Message 36 of 59
(6,873 Views)

These setting worked for me with outlook 2013 on Nov 2013.

• Incoming mail server (POP3): incoming.verizon.net
  • Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outgoing.verizon.net
  • Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465
  • SSL encryption is enabled for the incoming and outgoing mail server.
Contributor alotfalian
Contributor
Message 37 of 59
(6,857 Views)

I have the same setting and still unable to send or receive via outlook. Please help.

Contributor alotfalian
Contributor
Message 38 of 59
(6,855 Views)

@jt7797 wrote:

I was successful in setting up my verizon e-mail in Outlook 2013 by using the incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net settings with the default ports of 110 and 25 respectively.  IMPORTANT: to get this to finally work I had to click on the "More Settings" tab and then the "Outgoing Server" tab.  I clicked the button next to "Log on Using" and had to re-enter my ID and password.  This was the key step for getting this to work for me.  Hope this helps.

Did this too and still no success.

Highlighted
Contributor alotfalian
Contributor
Message 39 of 59
(6,850 Views)

Problem solved. The server settings are as following for my account. The server addresses are incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Capture.GIF

To find out what are the settings for your account go to Verify your email settings link from the support site (http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/index.htm)

Contributor alotfalian
Contributor
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.