Win7; receive but no send
Akhenaton1354
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hi all, I've recently changed my service from comcast to verizon. After setting up a primary email account I set-up a secondary email account and two email sub-accounts. The primary account and the first sub-account work fine in Win7 Live Mail. For some reason I can receive but not send with the secondary and second sub-account. The computer I use is not the main but is on a home network. Whenever I try to send a message it sits in the outgoing folder and I get the following error code: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was 'xxxxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'Re: test 217am' Server Error: 550 Server Response: 550 5.7.1 Missing or literal domains not allowed Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78 Protocol: SMTP Port: 587 Secure(SSL): No I tried reverting to port 25 without results and required authentication is checked. I can both send and receive with the webmail site. Is this a problem with verizon email or Windows Live Mail? Thanks, Bobby I am you and what I see is me.-Pink Floyd
Re: Win7; receive but no send
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Make sure that for your authentication on your sub accounts you are using the sub account's username and password, not the primary account's info. Also make sure that they are properly formatted. Without looking at your settings there's not much else I can tell you, but there are online repair tools available from Verizon if that would help.

You can also contact tech support and have them review your settings. I would suggest via chat, since there seems to be a higher competence level for the chat reps (in my experience).

You can look on their Contact Us page for options.

Re: Win7; receive but no send
mrgooch1942
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the exact same problem. Anyone sove it yet?

0 Likes