Windows 10 mail client
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Anyone gotten the windows 10 mail client to work?  I have it able to send but not receive.  Unfortunately the doc on it is pathetic.  Its branded as office outlook mail if that helps. 

0 Likes
Re: Windows 10 mail client
Crumbum

I just downloaded Windows 10 and I cannot send email. I do not have the links on the left side that I can click on and compose or see old mail or sent mail. Wonder if Verizon will correct this soon.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you referring to the new Windows 10 Mail client or Webmail?  If Webmail, are you using the Windows 10 EDGE browser, Internet Explorer or something else.   For Windows 10 I have to turn on compatibility mode to get Internet explorer to show anything.

However with both Windows 7 and windows 10 I am having a strange open mail problem where it says opening and most of the time nothing shows up.  Still researching before reporting it

EDGE and FIrefox seem to work fine with Verizon Mail.

I normally use the Mozzilla Thunderbird for mail, although I am trying to get the new Windows 10 client to work with results as in my first post.

0 Likes
Crumbum

Thanks for the information. I cannot get edge to give me a full screen. I cannot get internet explorer to give me anything beyound the sign in screen, it goes blank as soon as I put in my pass word and click.

I downloaded firefox and it works ok on verizon webmail. That is only way I can send email now.

I can read my email in Edge but cannot see old mail or sent mail, nor can I write and send email in Edge.

I have not tried to do the compatability trick but will do that.

0 Likes
Crumbum

Following up, I activated the compatability mode in internet explorer and then I was able to get my Verizon webmail in the normal manner. I still cannot get Edge to work for me. I cannot find a way to activate the compatability mode for EDGE.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Edge doesn't have, and hopefully does not need compatibilty mode.  Not sure what is different for you as Edge is working for me.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

OKay, someone on the Microsoft site, who was having the same problem with another isp posted a solution.

The problem has to do with the privacy settings.  Sharing Calendar must be allowed for the mail client and app connector.

Sean-o NZ posted

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/problems-with-windows-...

falconecj

I'm having the same problem with Edge. Can't see the left-hand column under "Conversations" that has Compose and other folders.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep its broken.  Unclear if its a Verizon problem or a Microsoft Edge problem.  Since the Internet explorer in windows 10 has even more problems (nothing below the first few lines shows up) unless you turn on Compatibility, I would guess its Microsoft forcing older HTML features to fail in windows 10.  Note this is Webmail and not Windows 10 mail client.

0 Likes