Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Windows Live Mail and Verizon emails

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Windows Live Mail and Verizon emails

Message 1 of 5
(11,147 Views)

I just purchased a new PC with Windows 7.  I want to get my Verizon email via Windows Live Mail.  I can receive emails, but I cannot send them.  Where do I find the outgoing email configuration settings in Windows 7?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Windows Live Mail and Verizon emails

Message 2 of 5
(11,123 Views)

You can find settings for any email client program by clicking the link below:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Email/Setup+And+Use/QuestionsOne/124289.htm

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(11,107 Views)

I use window 7 and windows live mail for my verizon.net mail with no problems. Should I change the outgoing 25 and incoming 110, or leave them alone?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(11,099 Views)

Consider using the ssl settings and ports 465 and 995 instead.  Especially important if you are connecting via a non verizon network (laptops, phones, etc).  Even if you decide not to use SSL the recommended ports to use is the esmtp port of 587 rather than the SMTP port of 25..

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 5
(11,096 Views)

On my winxp PC I am using 25 and 110 too but on a desktop PC.  At some point ports 25 and 110 may stop working.  VZ is recommending that folks use ports 995 and 465 with SSL per the link above.  If you have a laptop and try to connect your mail while connected to a NON-VZ network your email may not work with ports 25 and 110.  As a matter of fact I know some ISPs that block port 25.

Jim

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.