Windows Live Mail and Verizon emails
RoseinVA

I just purchased a new PC with Windows 7.  I want to get my Verizon email via Windows Live Mail.  I can receive emails, but I cannot send them.  Where do I find the outgoing email configuration settings in Windows 7?

0 Likes
Re: Windows Live Mail and Verizon emails
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You can find settings for any email client program by clicking the link below:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Email/Setup+And+Use/QuestionsOne/124289.htm

akester64

I use window 7 and windows live mail for my verizon.net mail with no problems. Should I change the outgoing 25 and incoming 110, or leave them alone?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Consider using the ssl settings and ports 465 and 995 instead.  Especially important if you are connecting via a non verizon network (laptops, phones, etc).  Even if you decide not to use SSL the recommended ports to use is the esmtp port of 587 rather than the SMTP port of 25..

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

On my winxp PC I am using 25 and 110 too but on a desktop PC.  At some point ports 25 and 110 may stop working.  VZ is recommending that folks use ports 995 and 465 with SSL per the link above.  If you have a laptop and try to connect your mail while connected to a NON-VZ network your email may not work with ports 25 and 110.  As a matter of fact I know some ISPs that block port 25.

Jim

0 Likes