Windows live no longer working with verizon.net yahoo account
Mkluless2
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of 9:30 am 3/18/2020, I can not longer receive email via Windows Live Mail (using the timestamp of the last message received).  I get the following error:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (mkluless2) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.
Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

As I can sign directly into Yahoo with the password, I know the password is valid.  What has happened & can someone help.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows live no longer working with verizon.net yahoo account
stevedac
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of wed 3/18 i could no longer download Verizon.net to my outlook 365.  In yahoo under account security., there is is Manage app passwords and I added outlook which created a 16 character password which i entered in outlook 365 manage profiles under file and added that password. It now works.

View solution in original post

Bluedoggie

I have same issue with all apps and outlook that have Verizon.net. 
help !!!!

0 Likes
can't sync with Outlook email - error 0x800CCC92
teakwood1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't sync my email with Outlook for the past two days. It keeps generating error 0x800CCC92. Settings are correct and all fixes suggested in other online forums do not work.

JA_0504007

Same exact issue, starting at the same time (no sync with my Verizon mail via Outlook, on both PC & phone, since the 18th). Does anyone know a fix for this?

0 Likes
Outlook/Verizon-Yahoo email suddenly not working?
Mrs_Dean_Wormer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is anyone else having trouble with this?  Outlook 2013 with my same old settings, nothing changed.  Suddenly won't work and keeps asking me over and over again (not just at startup of Outlook) for password, which hasn't changed in about 7 years.  I have the Yahoo version of Verizon email, if that makes any sense.  This is on my laptop.  My email works just fine on my phone and going directly to Yahoo, but I do like the Outlook functions (when they work.)  This just happened at about 5PM on Wednesday, while I was working from home.  No Windows updates or anything unusual to blame.  I've looked all over the internet and tried various suggestions but nothing seems to work.  Can't figure out if this is an Outlook problem or a Yahoo problem.

0 Likes
Re: Outlook/Verizon-Yahoo email suddenly not working?
Metamorphosis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an old verizon.net account. I never received notice about migrating to AOL. I am able to receive and send e-mails using my old e-mail on Yahoo's server. Since 3-17-20 I have not been able to send or receive e-mails on any third party software including, Mozilla thunderbird or mailspring. I also cannot establish a connection using Mailstore home. My previous strategy was to leave e-mails on the server for three months, then they would be deleted. Once a month I backed up all new e-mails to Mailstore home. I now have all of my important e-mails for the past 7 years. I have tried changing all the server settings I could possibly change including those mentioned here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/pop-access-settings-instructions-yahoo-mail-sln4724.h...

https://getmailspring.com/setup/access-yahoo-in-via-imap-smtp

https://www.lifewire.com/access-yahoo-with-imap

Nothing works. The only possible remedy is to have all my verizon e-mails forwarded to my gmail address if that is possible or just start changing all my verizon.net e-mails to gmail. Gmail works in all the third party software programs. Thank you.

dwgriffi2

I'm on Macs with same issue. Can get email via Yahoo's webmail site, so that is working. But on several Macs, using differing email clients but only the main verizon.net/Yahoo email, all went dead at the same time. And re-entering what the correct server and account info doesn't work.

Just glad to see others are corroborating this, and to add me to the list of broken verizon.net users.

0 Likes
stevedac
Enthusiast - Level 1

As of wed 3/18 i could no longer download Verizon.net to my outlook 365.  In yahoo under account security., there is is Manage app passwords and I added outlook which created a 16 character password which i entered in outlook 365 manage profiles under file and added that password. It now works.

Metamorphosis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mailspring isn't on the drop down menu, so generating a password for it doesn't work.  Since this occurred recently, it has to be a problem with the server.  It doesn't seem like a policy decision like changing to AOL.  My passwords simply don't authenticate.

0 Likes
surfdog57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope that works. When Outlook started getting the error message, PW not valid, I went to the yahoo verizon mail website and it had me change my password. I'm thinking maybe they got hacked. the new password works on the yahoo mail site but doesn't work in Outlook 365. thanks . Went into Yahoo and first tried going into the settings section/security on the right side of the screen. This didn't have the password generator. So anyone else looking for this, you find the password generator for your Outlook app or other app in the drop menu from where your name is at the top, manage account etc . Just tried it in Outlook 365 and it worked. (SteveDac's solution)🙂

0 Likes