Re: Windows live no longer working with verizon.net yahoo account
FiosInquiry
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have 7 people with the same issue - can verizon support please assist here?

Email Problems
3rj0hns
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use Outlook for my email (yahoo.verizon.net). Since March 17, I have been unable to send or receive email. When I try to send an email, I receive error messages  (such as 0x800CCC92). The dialog box requesting me to enter my name and password is displayed constantly. I assume something is wrong with the server at yahoo, but I'm not sure. I don't know who to turn to. Can anyone explain this to me and advise me what to do? This is a huge problem.

0 Likes
rmpv
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for both Outlook and K-9 mail on my Android. Must be a new "feature" they implemented without telling anyone. How in the world did you track this down?

Good Job stevedac!

0 Likes
MattM11
Enthusiast - Level 1

regarding "MailSpring is not on pull down list"

don't worry.   select "other app".   it then lets you type in the name of your app.

I use Mozilla's Thunderbird.   I typed "Thunderbird Mail", generated the password, and used it in my Thunderbird app and it started working again.  

Hopefully, I won't have to do this often since I have about 5 different verizon.net emails I manage for our household. 

Metamorphosis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still can't get it to work. My original settings were: incoming.yahoo. verizon .net port 995 and outgoing. yahoo. verizon. net port 465. This is what I meant when I said I had an old verizon. net account. I got an annoying pop up recently from mail for windows 10 which stated that my verizon account settings were out of date. I pushed “fix” if I recall correctly and it generated: imap. mail. yahoo. com port 993 and smtp. mail. yahoo. com port 465. Those settings do not work in thunderbird. When I go through the thunderbird wizard it generates: pop. verizon. net port 995 and smtp. verizon .net port 465.  What server settings are you using? 

0 Likes
Elvis88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured out the problem.  Yahoo has switched to two-factor authentication, Outlook doesn't support that.  So, what worked for me was to log into my Yahoo mail via a browser, go into account management, and turn off two-factor authentication.  I tried adding my Yahoo mail account back into Outlook after that but that failed, so I turned two-factor authentication back on.  With that step, a pop up let me know that some apps like iOS mail and Outlook don't work with two-factor and gave me an opportunity to let Yahoo generate a password for those apps.  Once I entered that password into Outlook, my Yahoo mail started working again.

Metamorphosis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had two factor authentication turned off from the beginning.  I tried adding it and then generating a password.  Didn't work.  Turned it off and then back on.  No luck.  Now I get a message on my cell phone stating that I have exceeded my daily limit.  I can't get the five digit code to turn it back on until tomorrow.  I have called three times, one was unsuccessful.  For people that don't have a cell phone they could not use two factor authentication.  Thanks a lot Verizon. 

0 Likes
Metamorphosis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got it to work. I don't know exactly what the problem was. It may be that I had logged in so many times that Verizon locked my account. I also got an email from Verizon asking if I really wanted to change my password. For some reason this was sent to my spam folder and I did not read it or acknowledge it. If you wait 12 hours supposedly Verizon will reset the locked account. I first connected g-mail to Mailspring first. Then Yahoo mail. Whether this triggered the success, I really don't know. I had never used Mailspring before. Here are the settings for Thunderbird: Server settings: imap.mail.yahoo.com port 993, connection SSL/TLS, authentication NORMAL PASSWORD, outgoing server SMTP server, smtp.verizon.net (not smtp.mail.yahoo.com) port 465, connection SSL/TLS, authentication method NORMAL PASSWORD. I thought Verizon was using Oauth2, so this may be what the problem was. I don't see why it is a normal password when you have to generate it from Yahoo's site. I did get the 16 digit password generated from Yahoo's site to work. I have also saved it in hard copy form in my passwords folder for future use.

0 Likes
Metamorphosis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could not connect Verizon.net mail to Mailspring at first. I got as far as we are authenticating your account, account set up successfully. Then when I got into accounts the g-mail account was listed, but not Verizon's. This is because the latest edition of Mailspring is defective! The way I corrected the problem was to download the 1.7.2 version (previous version) of Mailspring. Then it worked flawlessly. After that I updated Mailspring to the present version. This is ridiculous. It has taken me three days to get two software based programs to work with Verizon.

0 Likes
DSLNewJersey

Outlook also stopped working for us for the same reasons mentioned in this thread. But, I have never used Yahoo webmail for this account. How do I go about resetting the password? I used to be able to see mail on the web through the MyVerizon site. But I haven't logged in for over 4 years, and evidently sometime since then Verizon ended webmail access through their site.

The solution seems to be to change the password through Yahoo. But what credentials to use in Yahoo mail? I tried Yahoo mail and entering the username and password (current and old, based on my paper notes). Neither lets me access webmail through Yahoo. If I try "Forgot Password", then that's no good b/c there is no other email or mobile number associated with this account.

0 Likes