Wortless spam filter
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

Your spam filter is worthless & extremely stupid. It consistently & repeatedly puts spam into my inbox even though I consistently & repeatedly click on "spam". Just a few minutes ago, I clicked on "spam" & a few minutes later, the same spam appeared again. Likewise, it consistently puts legitimate e-mails in the spam folder even though I consistently & repeatedly click on "not spam". You might as well turn off the spam filter because it doesn't do its job. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is angry because of your worthless & extremely stupid spam filter.

"Your feedback will help us improve the quality of Yahoo! Mail." Yeah, right. Sure, you will.

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wortless spam filter
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@pcnerd wrote:

Your spam filter is worthless & extremely stupid. It consistently & repeatedly puts spam into my inbox even though I consistently & repeatedly click on "spam". Just a few minutes ago, I clicked on "spam" & a few minutes later, the same spam appeared again. Likewise, it consistently puts legitimate e-mails in the spam folder even though I consistently & repeatedly click on "not spam". You might as well turn off the spam filter because it doesn't do its job. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is angry because of your worthless & extremely stupid spam filter.

"Your feedback will help us improve the quality of Yahoo! Mail." Yeah, right. Sure, you will.

1. This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

2. Looks like you have a mail account partnered with Yahoo, which means your spam filtering is provided by Yahoo. This makes Verizon the wrong company to be mad at for this issue.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@pcnerd wrote:

1. This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

2. Looks like you have a mail account partnered with Yahoo, which means your spam filtering is provided by Yahoo. This makes Verizon the wrong company to be mad at for this issue.

0pctHappy

I spent days trying to get the Aol.mail team to pay attention to the issue.  The actual backend service is covered up for verizon.net accounts.  In my mind, I should be contacting Verizon.  They own both Aol and Yahoo.  My issue is that the spam filter indiscriminately places an email in the spam box and an your later the same email goes to the inbox.  The filtering simply does not work correctly.  You cannot easily report the issue and there is no way to get support.  So we went from a good verizon.net mail system to an unsupported, whatever, hidden piece of junk.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes