Yahoo Groups mail not coming through
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

Hello everyone!

Over the past few days, I have realizedthat only about 1 in 4 of my mesages from the numerous Yahoo gorups I belong to are arriving in my inbox. I have the spam filter off, so it is not that. Can anyone please help me out with who to contact at Verizon to see if they can help remove whatever is blocking them?

Thanks!

Re: Yahoo Groups mail not coming through
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Did you check your blocked senders list?  are you only using Webmail, or do you use another email client like outlook or eudora?    

if you want to contact Verizon about it, you can use the contact us link at the bottom of the page, and do live chat support, or call

1-800-VERIZON

scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

Hi! I checked the blocked senders list, and it is deactivated. I downlaod my messages to my computer via Thunderbird.

Some message get through, but some are blocked. I cannot contact Verizon via chat at the moment - they are closed.

I suspect it might be a black list/white list issue. Thanks for your suggestions.

krez561
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I have found that all of the mail does come through, but 1-3 days later.

It looks as if there is a delay passing the mail from the last loop of Yahoo to Verizon:

Received: from n44a.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com ([unknown] [66.163.168.138])
 by vms172065.mailsrvcs.net
 (Sun Java(tm) System Messaging Server 7u2-7.02 32bit (built Apr 16 2009))
 with SMTP id <0LHX0097O9E62HE0@vms172065.mailsrvcs.net> for
 xxxx@verizon.net; Fri, 11 Mar 2011 19:59:14 -0600 (CST)
Received: from [69.147.65.149] by n44.bullet.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with NNFMP;
 Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:06:32 +0000

0 Likes
TwirlyGirly

Yep - I also am experiencing the same issue, and I also use Thunderbird. It looks like from what is posted above it is a Verizon issue, correct? I've noticed the messages that are delayed *are* posting to Yahoo groups right away - they just aren't getting from groups to Verizon users. I have contacted other members of these groups who receive messages through individual emails who are NOT Verizon users, and they are experiencing no delay.

0 Likes
krez561
Enthusiast - Level 2

Late this afternoon all of the remaining delayed messages came in. Here's hoping that Verizon and Yahoo are playing nicely together again.

0 Likes
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

Hi all! After posting here, I contacted Verizon customer service, and found out how to request whitelisting of domains - you go to www.verizon.net/whitelist. I did that with the Yahoo domains listed on their group dedicated to that.

I also contacted Yahoo customer care to tell them of the problem. I got a message from them that they were escalating my issue.

So, I am still not sure whose problem it was. I did notice at the height of this that I was missing messages from several days ago - back to March 8, and while some have since come through, not all have.

Plus, I also have a gmail account subscribed to many of the lists, and I noticed that some messages were not making it there, so to me that indicates it might have been a Yahoo issue, but no way to verify.

Anyway, it does seem to be happier again, and now I am just trying to sort out the backlog of messages and see what is really important - sigh.

TwirlyGirly

< I contacted Verizon customer service, and found out how to request whitelisting of domains - you go to www.verizon.net/whitelist. I did that with the Yahoo domains listed on their group dedicated to that. >

I tried to go to the webpage referenced above, and "page not found." Any ideas?

EDIT: Found the link. It's:

http://www2.verizon.net/micro/whitelist/

I submitted the form. We'll see what happens.

0 Likes
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

Hi! Are you getting your messages now?

0 Likes