Yahoo/Verizon email fix!!
verizonmojo
Enthusiast - Level 2

After several attempts with Yahoo and Verizon support, my new-best-friend, Anthony, (Verizon) has solved the issue that has recently been plaguing many of us.  On the Verizon side, I had to change my password to something never used before and ONLY with letters/numbers (no special characters).  Once I did that, I was able to login to mail.yahoo.com!

I don't know if it was only the special characters in my PW that were throwing things off, but maybe Yahoo either doesn't allow them or is having some issue with them at the moment.  Give it a try!

Re: Yahoo/Verizon email fix!!
GeraldL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for this suggestion.  We've been locked out for the last 5 days from accessing our verizon.net e-mail through yahoo as well.  We tried your fix and it works perfectly.  Thank you so much for sharing this information.

0 Likes
njmom3

I CANNOT thank you enough!!! I have not been able to access my email for a week and I kept searching online for solutions and had tried the chat initially, but was just told you yahoo was having issues. I hope everyone finds out about this simple fix. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

0 Likes
BJG1

For those of you for whom this solution worked, had you migrated to Yahoo previously?  

0 Likes
Kerroj

Did not work for me after several attempts.... This problem just happened today.  Verizon rep told me they don't have any of my info.  Yahoo rep tried to fix it but couldn't.  She had to send it to Tech Support and she said it would take 60-90 minutes to correct and they would charge me $99.99 for the "service." 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kerroj,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
verizonmojo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for late reply.  When I signed up with Verizon many, many years ago, the options to access email were via Hotmail or Yahoo.  I chose Yahoo back then, so I didn't have to do any migration, simlilar to what AOL folks had to do earlier in the year. 

0 Likes
adunn1230

I'm having the same issue.  I cannot log into my verizon/Yahoo email.  I tried changing the password to something never used before, only letters & numbers and still can't get in.  Please fix this issue!!!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi adunn1230,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
JDG11

I am having the same issue trying to log onto a yaho account and being re-directed to Verizon.  I know my passwords and security answers but still cannot get into yahoo.  I have tried the simpler password to no avail.  Hvae tried to call and been on hold for over an hour.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Hvae had the yaho account for over 20 years and would be extremely disappointed if all that contact information was gone

0 Likes