Yahoo email OK after cancelling Verizon DSL?
some_user

Will my 'Verizon Yahoo" email account still be OK after I cancel my Verizon DSL?

I access my email at mail.yahoo.com. My email address is similar to username@yahoo.com. The banner at the top of the page says Verizon Yahoo Mail and the menu includes some Verizon items. I'm cancelling my Verizon DSL and  switching to another ISP (but keeping my Verizon phone service, for now.) What will happen to this Yahoo email account after I cancel my Verizon DSL? Will it still exist, with all my saved messages and folder intact?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--

some_user

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo email OK after cancelling Verizon DSL?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based on past experiences, if your e-mail is supplied via Yahoo from Verizon, your messages and account should stay intact. However, you must note that your e-mail address will change. After your account is terminated and Verizon has finished up the account on their end, the next time you go to log into your Yahoo account, Yahoo will ask you to set up the account again.

In essence, logging into what is the "Suspended" account should convert your account to a free Yahoo account. This policy may have changed as both Verizon and Yahoo have been changing their services around, so you may want to get clarification from Verizon support. On the safe side, connect to your mailbox via POP and download the contents of your mailbox to a local mail client, leaving e-mail on the server. Export your e-mail contacts to a file and save that, too.

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo email OK after cancelling Verizon DSL?
some_user
Thanks for the response. I've taken your advice and downloaded all my email.
How might my email address change, if it's currently similar to username@yahoo.com? Or are you referring to some Verizon email address?
0 Likes