Yahoo mail login redirected to Verizon webmail
eeyore13

When I try to log in to my Yahoo! Mail account, I get the following message:

Your email account needs immediate attention. Please go to https://webmail.verizon.com to complete the necessary steps to access your email.
Sincerely,
Your Customer Care Team

Problem #1: When I go to Verizon to try to log in using my Yahoo! Mail credentials, I am told my account does not exist

Problem #2: When I log in using my Verizon Fios account credentials and go to "webmail" I am not shown any "necessary steps" to access my email. What are these "necesary steps?" It would be nice if the original message would spell them out...

Problem #3: I cannot find any further record of this error anywhere on the Verizon or Yahoo Mail help pages. I'm left completely in the dark AND without access to my email.  I've used the Account Recovery function to send a text message to my phone to let me log back in, but when I enter the Account Key code that is texted to me, I am taken RIGHT BACK to the same error message I received at the beginning.

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo mail login redirected to Verizon webmail
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi eeyore13,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes