Yahoo portal change issues
jvnase
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having difficllty logging in even though I have the @verizon.net in my settings in Thunderbird.

Can you help?

See my posts at http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Rejects-Existing-Password/td-p/752369/page/2

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: YAHOO PORTAL CHANGE
jvnase
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can now access my email via Thunderbird.  I found a setting under Account settings/Server Setting that needed the "@verizon.net" added.

It would be nice to show photos of how to change Thunderbird in addition to the Outlook photos in the original post.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ottagothen

well those changes allowed me to down load my emails but I can not send emails with those conncetion changes. we are halh way there.

0 Likes
psardis

I really do not understand why your tech support does not know this information. I spend hours on the phone going through needless steps with the tech support personnel. This is not the first time that your email server authentication is changing. This year it has happened over and over again. Whoever is managing your email servers needs to find something else to do in life. As far as your tech support – You better off not having any!!!

0 Likes
jvnase
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can now access my email via Thunderbird.  I found a setting under Account settings/Server Setting that needed the "@verizon.net" added.

It would be nice to show photos of how to change Thunderbird in addition to the Outlook photos in the original post.

0 Likes
AJH3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info.

Sorry to say I found this post AFTER I called tech support and he told me the same as you show here.

I have a question however - was this change communicated to Verizon customers? I didn't receive any emails on the subject nor was anything on myverizon account on your website.

Shouldn't some sort of notice have gone out to customers using pop accounts like outlook?

0 Likes
KatTrax1
Same for iPhone/iPad incoming mail: Host Name is incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and User Name is your ENTIRE email address including the @verizon.net.
0 Likes
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Verizon.

I was changing everything except the username.

0 Likes
AJH3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was anyone sent any type of communication regarding this? I want to know if I missed something?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AJH wrote:

Was anyone sent any type of communication regarding this? I want to know if I missed something?

The group responsible (perhaps at Yahoo) did not provide any advance warning to customers and Verizon is now playing catch up. Verizon support has put up a post in this forum http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/YAHOO-PORTAL-CHANGE/td-p/752929 .

0 Likes