Your email
debloy

Ever since I switched to FIOS my primary email account requires that I enter a "Network Password".  I use Outlook.  I have sub-accounts that seem to be working somewhat normally.  I have started getting the same prompt on my sub-account in the last couple of days. 

I've been told by your "techies" that it's an Outlook problem.  It's not an Outlook problem.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled & done what MS has said to fix this problem to no avail. 

YOUR WEBMAIL {please keep your posts courteous}!

DEBRA {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Your email
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Debloy,

Outlook is a 3rd party mail client software which merely goes to the internet, logs into your account with a password, and downloads your mail for viewing in an alternate form.  The prompt you are receiving is the Outlook program on the computer advising you it did not attempt to use the stored password already in the program or it was rejected and is requesting you re-enter it.  This process is all internal to the software program itself. 

We can help you to verify you have the correct set up but will need to get some more information.  Please refer to the private message I have sent you.

Thanks