adding an email sub-account to verizon/yahoo!
gydancer

I'm not sure how it works but my email address is @verizon.net but when I log on to myverizon and go to "check mail" I get a verizon/yahoo! screen.  Now I'm not a yahoo!member so I don't know how all of this works - it's the way it was set up by verizon when I upgraded to Fios several years ago.  I have never had a problem with this method of getting my mail - until now.

My mail is okay, but I have been trying (or crying) off and on for the past couple of months, to add my wife as a sub-account. My effort continues to fail no matter what I have tried - like going to sub-accounts and giving her an email address, a name, a password, setting the server conditions: outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net, and incoming.yahoo.verizon.net (POP account and SSL). the "ports" seem to be set automatically when set to pop account.  I am using a iMac with the latest Lion OS. I have tried the mail set up for her thru the "Mail" app, and I have tried it via "T-Bird". ~nada

I have been unable to find an on-line email support address or a tech support phone number. The on-line support "Agent" who's supposed to be so smart, either doesn't speak the language or is not as smart as Sprint......I mean Verizon thinks he is - he just keeps me going in circles. I have phoned the number on my phone bill and explained my dilemma. In order to help,  I've been transferred from one location to another - as many as 4 times - and every time, I'm eventually dropped out somewhere before I get to speak to tech support,

I have been successful a setting her up with Gmail, but that is not what I really want because she would need to log on to get her mail and not be able to get it via "Mail" or T-Bird.........unless someone has an answer to that.

any help out there?Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Re: adding an email sub-account to Verizon/yahoo!
vzman24

If you're not happy with the Verizon with Yahoo email there's an option in your account settings that will be able to change your on line experience to just Verizon. Its something simple. Sign in to your account, go to account at the top, from dropdown menu select account profile, that will show all your information like your email address pw and secret question, if you scroll further down there's a link that says Change my online experience, if you need help please go to http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus and follow the prompts for tech support. I know they can definately assist you with this.

0 Likes
WalterOlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have been trying to get my sub accounts to work for 2 years now. And have been trying to get rid of the yahoo portal for a couple of months. The verizon agents are useless, sorry. I have been VERY nice and patient with them, but they are no help. If you do not constantly ask if the problem has been solved they will ignore you. I have had several trouble tickets issued. After a week the trouble tickets are canceled without the problem being solved. I have copied and pasted all of the on line support text into note pad.

I have tried the change my online experience tool and it is 'unavailable'.

The only reason I am still with Verizon is the internet is working fine. It's just there is no help with the email problem.

Cathy

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi WalterOlson

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly (by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account) for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
WalterOlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. Is there any way to get past the first level tech agents. The first issue I had and still have for 2 years with the email sent TO my sub accounts are being bounced back as: Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: (           )@verizon.net [RCPT_TO]

The sub accounts have no problem RECEIVING email. The agent blamed Yahoo, Yahoo blamed Verizon, That's when I gave up on that problem, SO

I tried to 'change my on line experience' and the 'tool is currently unavailable'

The problem I am having may be beyond the abilities of the first level agents.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

WalterOlson,

Your issue was escalated through the private support portal on 6/20/2012.  You should have received an email with a link to your issue to interact with the support agent.

If you cannot find the email, click on your forum username to go to your profile and click on the link provided under the heading "My Support Cases" to be taken to the private support area to engage with the agent.

Regards,

0 Likes
WalterOlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi KaLin,

Thank you, but i was not able to find the 'My support cases' and I did not receive an email.

Cathy

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi WalterOlson,

For some reason the original support case didn't go through.  I have again pushed it to private support.  You will be able to find it here>> http://forums.verizon.com/t5/support/casepage/thread-uid/450879/message-uid/450879

The "My Support Cases" module should also now show up in your profile.  My apologies for the inconvenience.  I'll be doing some testing to see if there is an issue with creating support cases.

Regards

0 Likes
WalterOlson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi KaLin,

Thank you again for your help with my sub account email. I have two other sub accounts that are having the same problem. I can send email but cannot receive. I was just going to forget about it and create a disposable email but that didn't work either. Please do not send me to the first level verizon tech support. I tried that for 2 years with no results.

Thank you for your help.

Cathy

0 Likes