asking for password/cannot reset or send messages
Annapolis2

Last night my e-mail started asking me to enter my password, which it won't accept or I have just forgotten what it is. I cannot re-set it or access my e-mail. I also cannot send any messages - getting message "The connection to the outgoing server "smtp.verizon.mail" failed. I am using a Mac, and am hosted by AOL with a Verizon e-mail address. This is also happening on my iPhone. Help! Anybody having the same problem that has a solution??

0 Likes
Re: asking for password/cannot reset or send messages
Annapolis2

So, I actualy cannot receive or send messages. Says my setting are incorrect, but I have checked several times and they are as they are supposed to be. It's asking for my verizon.net password, which I'm pretty sure is correct. But I don't know how to reset it. I haven't changed anything, whiy is this happening and how can I fix it?

0 Likes
Annapolis2

Following-up. Got Live Chat help from AOL today. Guy was great. Solved my problem fairly quickly. Reset the passwords. Had to enter the new ones on my computer and my phone for both incoming & outgoing. Hope this will be the last of it.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Did you need to sign up for the paid support in order to use the Live Chat help?

Where did you find the link for the AOL Live Chat help?

Thanks

@Annapolis2 wrote:

Following-up. Got Live Chat help from AOL today. Guy was great. Solved my problem fairly quickly. Reset the passwords. Had to enter the new ones on my computer and my phone for both incoming & outgoing. Hope this will be the last of it.

0 Likes