can Verizon forward emails to two different email accounts
steelester

I'd like to be able to forward emails from my main email account to two different email accounts - simultaneoulsy.  Comcast use to enable multiple forwards.....by it appears Verizon only offers the option to forward to one specific account (not multiple).  Is this something Verizon is working on....or am I missing something on the setup?

0 Likes
Re: can Verizon forward emails to two different email accounts
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

as you know its only 1 (just tried it to be sure).

have you gone to the ideas forum to see if its mentioned/suggested?

I have no first hand knowledge/exposure to such a development by VZ

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

There might be a couple of workarounds for you.

1.Try setting up filters (Settings > Email Settings > Filters) that say:

• If To or Cc Contains <youraddress>@verizon.net Then Automatically move mails to <destinationaddress1@domain.com>
  • If To or Cc Contains <youraddress>@verizon.net Then Automatically move mails to <destinationaddress2@domain.com>

2. Look on your detination accounts for the option to set up the verizon.net account as a pop3 account. I know Gmail at least has this option, and many other domains do as well. Just make sure you check "leave a copy on server" or something similar.

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

somegirl: yeah I looked at that too but didn't try it. Just did a test and I see it works fine but not sure if it'll run all the filters before acting...i.e., will it make it to the 2nd test in light of the 1st one having sent it to dest1? testing to see what happens...really sorry filters though that we can't do booleans and really make them useful

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

@Roadking10453 wrote:

somegirl: yeah I looked at that too but didn't try it. Just did a test and I see it works fine but not sure if it'll run all the filters before acting...i.e., will it make it to the 2nd test in light of the 1st one having sent it to dest1? testing to see what happens...really sorry filters though that we can't do booleans and really make them useful

well there we go...somegirl - I am doing the Wayne and Garth bow of not being worthy. Nice call. While it was slow as all git out to clear the verizon servers, it finally did arrive at both dest1 and dest2 that I built. good job