can not upload contacts to webmail
bayloon1
Beware, this is a real tough one that no Verizon Tech person -- cell phone nor Fios nor computer tech -- could solve. I can not upload my Windows Live Mail contacts to Verizon webmail. I get error messages that have varied over time. First it said "corrrupt file." Now it says "failure". Seems to depend on the time of day. I have researched "corrupt .CSV files" on the net and done exactly what was offered: I opened my Windows Live Mail .csv file with Excel, did my best to order everything in neat columns and appropriate headers, and saved the file as a .csv. No luck. This is the irony: I've uploaded the same file to my Gmail account and I get my contacts on the web and, lo and behold, also syched with my new phone. But here's the first of many catches: I can not upload those same Gmail contacts on the Samsung Galaxy S5 to Verizon Cloud. I can not share those same contacts that reside in my phone with my Verizzon email. So I can not send a Verizon email with my phone nor my computer wihout first having to fully enter an email address. That gets tedious very quickly. So what's going to happen is I'm going to give up on Verizon email, send out a message to all my contacts using Windows Live Mail and switch my webmail to Gmail. Then that will lead to my switching Verizon across the board. They have tried hard, several techs working several hours, but they can not provide any answer except that I should seek out a private computer contractor. That's saying even their own tech geeks can't answer this and they charge $. But Gmail works. So I offer a box of Tootsie Rolls to the person who can solve my dilemma. I have Win 7, Windows Live Mail and an Android cell phone. Any further information will be supplied as best I can. And thank you.
0 Likes
Re: can not upload contacts to webmail
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bayloon wrote:
Beware, this is a real tough one that no Verizon Tech person -- cell phone nor Fios nor computer tech -- could solve. I can not upload my Windows Live Mail contacts to Verizon webmail. I get error messages that have varied over time. First it said "corrrupt file." Now it says "failure". Seems to depend on the time of day. I have researched "corrupt .CSV files" on the net and done exactly what was offered: I opened my Windows Live Mail .csv file with Excel, did my best to order everything in neat columns and appropriate headers, and saved the file as a .csv. No luck. This is the irony: I've uploaded the same file to my Gmail account and I get my contacts on the web and, lo and behold, also syched with my new phone. But here's the first of many catches: I can not upload those same Gmail contacts on the Samsung Galaxy S5 to Verizon Cloud. I can not share those same contacts that reside in my phone with my Verizzon email. So I can not send a Verizon email with my phone nor my computer wihout first having to fully enter an email address. That gets tedious very quickly. So what's going to happen is I'm going to give up on Verizon email, send out a message to all my contacts using Windows Live Mail and switch my webmail to Gmail. Then that will lead to my switching Verizon across the board. They have tried hard, several techs working several hours, but they can not provide any answer except that I should seek out a private computer contractor. That's saying even their own tech geeks can't answer this and they charge $. But Gmail works. So I offer a box of Tootsie Rolls to the person who can solve my dilemma. I have Win 7, Windows Live Mail and an Android cell phone. Any further information will be supplied as best I can. And thank you.

FWIW, I just did a test with Windows Live Mail and was able to export/import my contacts successfully.

Have you tried changing which fields are being exported from Windows Mail? Maybe Verizon's system doesn't like some of them.

0 Likes
Re: can not upload contacts to webmail
bayloon1

Tried changing fields, numerous times. Laid it all out on an Excel sheet and made it all pretty. No luck. I tried installing Thunderbird and installing my contacts there. Then I tried uploading to Verizon Email. Didn't work. 

Funny how I read in an old 2009 post that people had trouble with uploading CSV files to Verizon email. And reading through the posts on these forums -- I'm not the only one with troubles. In many instances Verizon has said they would look into issues with the email program but nothing changes. For instance: the import format for getting contacts into Verizon's email -- either Microsodt Outlook or variations of Thunderbird. Nothing else.

But I did read how one fellow went around his elbow to get to his knee by using GMAIL -- telling it to asssume the Verizon email identity and that it even would send mail out with my Verizon address. 

Look -- I've spent probably five hours of my life talking with Verizon experts and they can not find what's wrong nor what I can do to fix this issue short of forgetting it and going to GMAIL. That's not really an answer -- somebody must have an idea and at least point me in the right direction, Thanks for reading -- I write wordy. And if you have an answer for me -- I really can't tell you how much I would appreciate it. But thanks in advance

0 Likes