can't send email messages
bigbopper11

We have a Mac and suddenly stopped being able to send messages.  We have a primary and sub account.  Tech support was no help. I need to know what info to put in my Mac mail account info:  server description, address, etc.  The smtp.verizon.net does not work.  We get a message that says our email address is not recognized.

0 Likes
Re: can't send email messages
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bigbopper1 wrote:

We have a Mac and suddenly stopped being able to send messages.  We have a primary and sub account.  Tech support was no help. I need to know what info to put in my Mac mail account info:  server description, address, etc.  The smtp.verizon.net does not work.  We get a message that says our email address is not recognized.

Have no idea what you mean by primary and sub accounts however the setting for my verizon account are

my name

my email address incoming pop.verizon.net

outgoing smtp.verizon.net

my username and password for the mail box

More settings general the name of the account

outgoing server requires authenication checked

advanced incoming port (pop3) 995

check server requires ssl

outgoing server(smtp) port 465

use encrypted connection ssl

Works fine, I'm using outlook on windows

setting are slight different for my non verizon email accounts however they all use the verizon smtp server for outgoing apart from my gmail account that use the standard gmail outgoing server - luckily as the verizon outgoing spam checker is somewhat agressive and deems a lot of stuff spam that is not spam and just trashes them. - those I just send from my gmail account instead

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

YAHOO?  At least one yahoo/verizon email user reported having to add @verizon.net to the userid.

0 Likes
bigbopper11

This is a screen shot of the message I keep getting.  Outgoing settings are correct according to post and Verizon instructions:

0 Likes