Re: Solution: Mobile phone incoming POP3 email stopped working, got it switched to pop.aol.com
DNW60

THANK YOU! This worked for me. Very glad to be rid of the Ads!

0 Likes
Re: cannot connect safely to server
pjchris
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got e-mail working again on my Samsung Nook (SM-T230NU).  It had been working fine, then started reporting the "cannot safely connect to server".  After searching everywhere for tips, here is the combination of things that got it going:

1.  Put in your name and e-mail account PW

2. Select Manual Setup

3. Select POP3 account type

4. Change your name from XXXXX   to XXXXX@verizon.net

5. Change the SSL to "SSL-accept all certificates"

That did it for me.  Hope it helps someone else.

Paul

0 Likes
Re: Solution: Mobile phone incoming POP3 email stopped working, got it switched to pop.aol.com
JoeD8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too lost access to my verizon.net email around the same time as everyone else posting on this thread.  I spent way too many hours than I care to talk about trying to get my AOL/verizon.net email account working again on my Samsung Note 8.0 tablet, and had given up for the last couple of months.  Found your post today and it worked perfectly.  Thank  you so much for posting the solution!!!

The obvious question...Why couldn't AOL have posted a solution with settings that work???

0 Likes
RTMBoston

Worked like a charm for me!  Thanks!!!!!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've tried all of the suggested changes posted earlier in the topic, but, I still can't get past the "Cannot safely connect to server" on my retired Samsung Galaxy S4 when trying to add my @verizon.net Email account.

No issues adding the account to my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and my Windows 10 devices.

Has this become a lost cause? ☹

0 Likes
Varg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, Paul. "SSL - accept all certificates" is the only solution that worked on my old Galaxy TabPro.

0 Likes
gtwassociates2

Another issue ... My Samsung phone can connect to my email at verizon.net ... I use the settings at verizon.net etc ... But the tablet Samsung Galaxy stops at the set up process with a message "cannot connect to to the server" the set up process in the tablet does not seem to allow setting ports ... message appears at step of setting up the incoming server I believe ...anyone know an approach to adding my email at verizon.net to my Galaxy tablet?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which email program Samsung EMail, gmail, Other.

I've seen that message with gmail, and for that you just have to change the settings to allow it to connect despite the warning. 

For others you do have to go into settings and make sure it is using ssl.  Usually once you set that it correctly sets the port ids.  Password is normal (i.e clear text).