cannot connect safely to server
Billy821
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung Galaxy Avant is not loading new emails; "cannot connect safely to server" is shown after any attempts to change settings. Emails are coming in at AOL and MacMail on home computer but not on the phone.  Outgoing mail is working however.  Using the Android email that comes with the phone. Never had a problem until this week.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: cannot connect safely to server
JohnZ2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  My Samsung S5 email stopped fetching emails two days ago.  It can send emails but it cannot connect to the POP server.  My windows PC Thunderbird client works fine with the same settings.  I get the "cannot connect safely..." message when I try to configure the pop server with SSL.  When I change it to "SSL (accept all certificates)"  it spins for 5 minutes and times out with an error.

0 Likes
Billy821
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats my proble exactly....still looking for solution..

0 Likes
kch3
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have samme issue. happend 2/22. others have same issue too. is this a verizon issue ? i have try chnaging settings, still same issue

KG8069
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this issue.  I've tried removing/adding, clearing out space, checked all the settings.  Just spent over an hour on chat with Verizon support and they didn't have an answer.  I'm hoping someone figures this out.  Also started on 2/22.  They must have done something!

starrin
Contributor - Level 3

@KG8069 wrote:

I am also having this issue.  I've tried removing/adding, clearing out space, checked all the settings.  Just spent over an hour on chat with Verizon support and they didn't have an answer.  I'm hoping someone figures this out.  Also started on 2/22.  They must have done something!

I'm not sure Verizon did anything other than buy AOL, shift Verizon email under AOL management and washed their hands of the problem.

AOL is now tidying up and some folks have lost the ability to use their email clients. 

As I remember it, many years ago Japan decided their were too many alphabets and dialects.  They defined that henceforth the alphabet would be thus and so  ---  and some folks wound up unable to spell their names

0 Likes
kch3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The transition to aol has been terrible. I don’t anyone at Verizon cares .....

gaupmw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here! My Galaxy S6 just stopped receiving mail. I ended up deleting the account to try to set it up new, but keep getting this same message, Cannot Connect Safely to Server. What the ____, Verizon?

JackMathis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have exactly the same problem.  Nothing I've tried seems to help.  My desktop, running Linux Mint Thunderbird, works fine, and outgoing email on the S5 works fine, but nothing comes into the phone.

kch3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave up on Samsung's email application and used Gmail app and set up my Verizon mail accounts . Work fine. I called Samsung and they said to do that and check aol settings .I have given up on aol and verizon

0 Likes