cant see or open email on verizon web mail 2.0
KIAC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Starting suddenly on 6-11-11 I was no longer able to open emails on www 22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAccount, I could only view the email topics. Since 6-22-11 I can not even view email topics, much less open emails at www 22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAc page.  The only thing that displays in the email topic frame is an advert for

Verizon Internet Security Suite
  • Parental Controls
  • 24/7 Safety
  • Spyware Scans
  • Automatic Update
  • LEARN MORE

NEW! The billing summary widget is fixed for the first time in the VZE web mail 2.0 I can see how much I owe the telco,

I am trying to acess file folders in the webmail 2.0 interface with the following; Mac OS X 10.5.8. / Firefox 4.0.1 / Safari 5.0.5

it appears as this free email service has blocked all of my emails and file folders.
Can anyone instruct me how to upgrade the verizon side email server?

Re: cant see or open email on verizon web mail 2.0
Justin46
Legend

@KIAC wrote:

Starting suddenly on 6-11-11 I was no longer able to open emails on www 22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAccount, I could only view the email topics. Since 6-22-11 I can not even view email topics, much less open emails at www 22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAc page.  The only thing that displays in the email topic frame is an advert for

Verizon Internet Security Suite
  • Parental Controls
  • 24/7 Safety
  • Spyware Scans
  • Automatic Update
  • LEARN MORE

NEW! The billing summary widget is fixed for the first time in the VZE web mail 2.0 I can see how much I owe the telco,

I am trying to acess file folders in the webmail 2.0 interface with the following; Mac OS X 10.5.8. / Firefox 4.0.1 / Safari 5.0.5

it appears as this free email service has blocked all of my emails and file folders.
Can anyone instruct me how to upgrade the verizon side email server?

I don't pretend to have any answers for you, but I do have some suggestions and comments/questions:

1) I take it you are trying to get to your email via MyVerizon. Have you tried going directly to the Verizon email application?

http://webmail.verizon.com/

I don't know if it will make any difference, but it is worth a try, and might bypass something (don't have a clue what) that is causing the problem.

2) Do you have any add-ons installed in your browser(s)? I have quite a few, and a couple of times an update to one of them has caused Verizon web pages to not work correctly. If you do have add-ons, it might be worth a try to start your browser without them just to see what happens.

3) I do not have OS/X, I am a confirmed Windows user, but have you recently installed any fixes from Apple? Do you have any kind of firewall or anti-virus? If so, can you turn them off and try it?

4) I am guessing that there is no way Verizon is going to update their servers just because you are having a problem. I think you need to try to fix the problem at your end, especially since I am not seeing any complaints, at least not any I recognize, similar to yours. Maybe try going back to Firefox 3 (webmail works fine for me on 3.6.18 for Windows), remove any service you have installed, disable any firewall, etc.

5) This is just a comment, please don't get too upset, but I am glad you finally actually posted what your issue is. I started to read your other thread, frankly it made absolutely no sense to me, so I gave up, as I suspect many people did..... Smiley Very Happy

I really think the problem is at your end, but I have no way to prove it myself, or even give you any real advice since I am not an Apple user. But I can say that from my end, I don't see any issues with the new webmail, other than the missing function (inability to send plain text being the major one).

Good luck, hope you can get it working.

Keller, TX 76248

KIAC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank You for your reply.  I have gone to http://webmail.verizon.com/  I have to log in mutiple times because I get a blank page or content coding errors contect web service provider.  I can view and open mail but I can not send or save any email and I do not see the emails I put into the webmail 2.0 folders.  They are lost.  No one has told me to start Firefox with out add ons so I will try that and post results here.

BertoBob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing the same problem.  It started about 3 days ago after I tweaked accepting the cookies under Firefox 4.01 (I am now on Firefox 5) running Win 7.

I can see the messages listed under the Home "tab" but cannot access messages, contacts, calendars or settings under the Email & More "tab".  When i try to access anything, I get a Session Timed Out message.  I looked at my wife's settings on a different laptop and copied the URL into my window - no luck.

I also restarted Firefox w Add Ons disabled, but that had no effect.

Any additional ideas?

BertoBob

0 Likes
BertoBob
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE

Using the In Home Agent,  I just went into the MyVerizon Web Mail via IE9.  All messages, contacts, etc were ther.

So it must be a Firefox issue.

Any ideas?

BertoBob

Re: can't see or open email on Verizon web mail 2.0
KIAC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got off the phone with call center Mexico again.  Only this time it was just what I wanted after two weeks of Verizon web mail hell 2.0 on either firebox of Safari on MAC 5.0

TWO WEEK OLD PERSONAL ISSUE

The agent in my session who I am trying to promote to CC Mgr.  STATED THAT THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN KNOW SINCE 8-30-10.  IN RESPONSE TO THE ISSUE A WHOLE ANOTHER DEPT. WAS CREATED KNOWN AS "OSC" in response to VERIZON WEB MAIL 2/0 "EMAIL OUTAGE ON MAC / FIREFOX / SAFARI.

The agent found my following forum thread most interesting and escalated my trouble ticket past any supervisor and manager to "OSC technician" that will personally notify me by email, txt, and cell phone about my ticket status.

Please be patient and allow two weeks time for resolution.  That is all

other than more and more clients are facing this issue.

Re: VERIZON service provider update the server software as per RFC 5746 -; implement the recommendations in CVE 2009-3555

KNOWN ISSUE

in a nut shell the Verizon email server 2.0 known as Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1 was merged at some times but not upgraded as a result  firefox users on a MAC platform can not open and therefore can not see Verizon web 2.0 on the client / user side AN HTTPS PORT ON THE VZE server reverts to http unsecured protocol when calling to open  the email in HTML client side request.

Which amounts to salmon swimming up stream / AC - DC / American electrical current to European electrical current.  In other words a webmaster can not mix a secured email port with unsecured emai content.  This is why the Verizon email server needs an update.  BUT it is also why it can work just fine with out issues on a windoze IE browser Microsoft platform (less secure)  I have no issues on a windoze (less secure) Microsoft platform.  Verizon has a separate Mac department that is not a part of windoze tech support.  One with a MAC should call Veri

Potential Vulnerability status of Verizon Email server sign in site

In November 2009, a major flaw was revealed in the primary protocol used to secure the Web.

The flaw, named CVE-2009-3555 is well understood and can allow a hacker to perform a secure transaction using a victim's credentials. Real web applications have been hacked using this flaw.

Smart people have developed a fix, the name of the fix is RFC 5746.

Many Internet Browsers have been upgraded to support this fix. Unfortunately, fixing the browsers is not sufficient. The fix only works, if web sites are upgraded, too.

Unfortunately, many major sites like Verizon http://mail.verizon.com/webmail on the Web have not yet upgraded their software.

To be fair, even sites running old software *MIGHT* be immune to the flaw. This requires that the admins of the sites *CAREFULLY* tweak the preferences of their old software. So, the companies that run those sites can *CLAIM* that their site is secure.

What happened if a site administrator made a mistake, and accidentally used the wrong configuration? The site would still work, but the attack would work too, and nobody might notice (except the hackers).

Also read Ivan R.'s explanation why disabling SSL renegotiation is not a valid fix.

While working on this page, the worries have been confirmed. Several major sites, like verizon  and even banking sites, still use a broken server configuration and are likely vulnerable to MITM attacks! (Yngve P. has probed the majority of SSL sites and reports similar findings.)

Only some broken sites can be detected easily. The sites shown as "UNCERTAIN" might be vulnerable, too.

I hereby call the corporations who run those major sites, to increase security on the web, by eliminating these risks by *UPGRADING* to software that uses the fixed protocol RFC 5746.

VERIZON WEB MASTER If you'd like to see additional reports about your server, or if you would like to reconfirm the test results on this page, you could use SSL Labs's Server Test or netsekure's test.

Re: can't see or open email on Verizon web mail 2.0
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The OSC wasn't "created in response to this issue" - They've been around for years. They are probably working on this issue.

Re: can't see or open email on Verizon web mail 2.0 endenddum
KIAC
Enthusiast - Level 3

After extensive OSC tech call time trying to identify the problem yesterday..........I was called by a different tech this morning and was told the issue is resolved as long as

I DO NOT USE firefox, safari. and google chrome on a apple mac  10.5. (or get a new computer)

the tech also apologized for the missing folders of which I had no issues setting up two weeks and a half weeks ago at verizon webmail 2.0 with firefox 5.0 on my mac osx 10.5

Just please use your compromized with rootkit windoze machine with less secure IE cuase you say you can see the mail just fine just no folders.

Moreover I showed him the Inconsistent server configuration Renegotiation     Insecure Renegotiation Supported INSECURE scored a fail rate or an F for the SSL lab test located here.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssldb/analyze.html?d=verizon.net&s=206.46.232.39

I showed them the Firefox / tools / error consol, with mutiple errors, warnings, and msgs.

This kind of stuff does not compute to them because OSC tech said they looked at that and saw nothing wrong because I am the only one having this issue but there was another guy with same issue yesterday due to an "outage" but they have found nothing wrong.  I give up.

IMHO the OSC criminally insane.  They have been around for years but are unable to fix a broken mail server.  They are most likely no longer working on this issue because its my problem only.  There is not a problem I cant fix because I can do it in the mix but not without admin rights.

Re: can't see or open email on Verizon web mail 2.0 endenddum
KIAC
Enthusiast - Level 3
You are here:  Home > Projects > SSL Server Test > webmail.verizon.net
SSL Report: webmail.verizon.net (206.46.232.14)

Assessed on:  Tue Jul 05 02:19:09 UTC 2011 |

Assessment failed: Unable to connect to server

Common Error Messages

• Connect timed out - server did not respond to our connection request
  • No route to host - unable to reach the server
  • Unable to connect to server - failed to connect to the server
  • Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection? - the server responded with plain-text HTTP on HTTPS port

Known Issues

• Could not generate DH keypair - due to a known problem with the underlying SSL library (Sun's JSSE implementation) we are unable to assess the sites that only offer DHE handshakes stronger than 1024 bits.

SSL Report v1.0.85

0 Likes