contacts and groups
njhk

is there a maximum number of contacts? is there a max # of contacts per group?

i want to set up some large email lists - if there is a max on verizon.net , will it work if i do it in outlook?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: contacts and groups
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For your verizon.net addressbook, you have a max of 300 entries. That includes individuals AND groups. So if you have 38 contacts and two groups, that makes 40 entries. If you use an email client, you will not have this restriction.

You cannot send to more than 100 contacts at a time using Verizon's servers, and no more than 500 in an hour. This is stated in their email policy here.

The following limits apply with respect to the sending of e-mail from your verizon.net e-mail account. These rules are in place in order to help fight spam (i.e., unsolicited e-mail). For more information on Verizon Online's efforts to fight spam, please see the Verizon Online Anti-Spam Policy.

• You may not include more than 100 recipients in a single email. Messages will not be sent to any recipients in excess of 100.
  • You may not exceed 500 recipients in 1 hour. Exceeding 500 recipients in 1 hour will result in the suspension of your ability to send email for 24 hours. This does not affect your ability to receive email.

It is important to note that the restrictions on the number of recipients/messages apply regardless of whether you use verizon.net or an email client. If you need to send more messages, I'd suggest finding another outgoing server to use.

View solution in original post

musicseawater
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unless you're talking about more than 200 addresses, you shouldn't have any problems. You may even be able to have more.

Thing is, not trying to send group emails to too many people at once, that's where you'd have problems.

The email sending window is only open for so long and if you're trying to reach 50 (let's say) contacts at once, the chances aren't too good. I've sent group emails to 20 people and had them go through, but I've also sent 15 out and NOT have them delivered. Maybe the message itself was the villain in that case as it was pretty long.

You may have to experiment a little before you know your limit...

Good luck. Smiley Wink

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For your verizon.net addressbook, you have a max of 300 entries. That includes individuals AND groups. So if you have 38 contacts and two groups, that makes 40 entries. If you use an email client, you will not have this restriction.

You cannot send to more than 100 contacts at a time using Verizon's servers, and no more than 500 in an hour. This is stated in their email policy here.

The following limits apply with respect to the sending of e-mail from your verizon.net e-mail account. These rules are in place in order to help fight spam (i.e., unsolicited e-mail). For more information on Verizon Online's efforts to fight spam, please see the Verizon Online Anti-Spam Policy.

• You may not include more than 100 recipients in a single email. Messages will not be sent to any recipients in excess of 100.
  • You may not exceed 500 recipients in 1 hour. Exceeding 500 recipients in 1 hour will result in the suspension of your ability to send email for 24 hours. This does not affect your ability to receive email.

It is important to note that the restrictions on the number of recipients/messages apply regardless of whether you use verizon.net or an email client. If you need to send more messages, I'd suggest finding another outgoing server to use.

njhk

thank you

0 Likes