copy and pasting to new Verizon email
gerrycaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

copy and pasting Verizon email

have problem  copying and paste into new email.......

I copy news articles from my MSN homepage then go to Verizon email

click on COMPOSE for the new email  then right click mouse for options

then options pop up BUT PASTE IS GREYED OUT. I talked to other Verizon

buddies and they confirm same thing  the paste option is unavailable (greyed out).

I have always done copy and paste in other emails such as Comcast which I just left

as well as Windows Live Mail and Gmail. I was in contact with verizon support who

told me there was a limit on copy and paste of 8 MB but I tried just one word "state"

and it was still greyed out.

Thanks in advance for any help... Computer programmer here for 30 years as well as

operations, and going way way back to IBM punch cards so I'm experienced at some

computer systems , not so much email but learning. Had Personal Computers since 1997

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: copy and pasting to new Verizon email
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a copy and Paste test from Windows Word to VZ Email For gerrycaya Using Chrome Browser and Windows 7 Professional Make sure that you click on HTML BEFORE YOU PASTE

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I wish I could help but I can't, it works for me. I am using Firefox although I don't really think that makes any difference.

My experience is that when the Paste option is greyed out it usually means that the copy itself did not work. Can you start MS Word or Notepad or something and see if the same copy operation that fails in webmail will paste there? Also, what web browser are you using? It is certainly possible that you might have some add-on installed in the browser that is preventing the paste operation from working. You might try starting your browser without any add-ons and see if the paste then works.

Besides the above I'm sorry but like I said it works for me.

And FWIW the first production programs I wrote were in Autocoder for the IBM 1401 in 1965. Well actually I wrote a few programs for an IBM 650 in 1961 or 1962 while I was in college.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a copy and Paste test from Windows Word to VZ Email For gerrycaya Using Chrome Browser and Windows 7 Professional Make sure that you click on HTML BEFORE YOU PASTE

0 Likes
gerrycaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

found a solution, why Fios greys the paste out I have no ides....

A friend in tech support at Vanguard said the paste option when composing Fios email

is the 5th small icon from the left under the subject box, looks like a white page with a red tinge color on top..

same line as the B, I, and U options ....moving the cursor over the option displays what they are.....  

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@gerrycaya wrote:

found a solution, why Fios greys the paste out I have no ides....

A friend in tech support at Vanguard said the paste option when composing Fios email

is the 5th small icon from the left under the subject box, looks like a white page with a red tinge color on top..

same line as the B, I, and U options ....moving the cursor over the option displays what they are.....  

I don't see anything even remotely like what you describe, but if it works for you that is all that matters.....

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes