disposable email addresses
lobudgt

I just switched my "experience" from Verizon/Yahoo to Verizon. I had several disposable email addresses that I am guessing are lost forever. Is there a similar offering with the straight up Verizon email system? I can't find anything but aliases, which are not additional addresses, but additional ways of using an existing one.

<script>// window.onbeforeunload = function() {} // </script>
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: disposable email addresses
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Unfortunately that is the best you are going to get using the Verizon email is the 1 primary and 8 sub accounts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
lobudgt

Sub accounts are of course not the same as disposable addresses as provided by the Verizon/Yahoo experience. When I ask if there is a similar offering without having the Yahoo component, a "sub account" is not a valid answer.

I have most of my allowed sub accounts created and in use already. In addition, I used approximately 5 disposable addresses with the @yahoo.com ending. If an address became abused by spam or known by people you no longer wished to hear from, it was simply deleted and replaced with another disposable address. This allowed virtually unlimited addresses, where the disposable addresses were tied to the sub account addresses without that being readily known to the masses.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Unfortunately that is the best you are going to get using the Verizon email is the 1 primary and 8 sub accounts.

0 Likes
lobudgt

Thank you for the answer. That is what I needed to know for sure. I will consider other alternatives for my needs going forward.

0 Likes