e-mail forwarding turned on with bogus address
masterblaster1
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI;

My Verizon e-mail account has been apparently hacked into. I suddenly stopped receiving e-mails in Outlook but could still send e-mails. I found out that someone had turned on forwarding in the Verizon webmail settings and put in an e-mail address of dummy12345@dummy12345.com. I contact Verizon and notified them that this occured. I also changed my account password.

Re: e-mail forwarding turned on with bogus address
Hubrisnxs
Legend

How Long it Takes Hackers to Crack your Passwords

Keep that in mind when changing your passwords. 

Re: e-mail forwarding turned on with bogus address
masterblaster1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I aleady had a 10 character password with a mix of uppercase and numbers.

Before you ask, yes I have checked and there is no key logger that got installed on my computer.

I use Norton's and Malwarebytes to keep my system protected.

I am somewhat concerned at this point because not too long ago someone hacked into my router and every night between 11:00pm and 11:15pm my phone line activates like someone turned on the handset and then turned off.

It's not a cordless frequency issue because I have changed the frequency several times.

If I turn off the cordless base I don't hear anything during that time frame, however I'm not convinced that it's any kind of problem with the cordless base, I think someone is phishing my phone line.

Thanks for the input though, I do agree that 6 characters doesn't cut it and I always encourge others to use at least 9 characters with a mix.