e-mail forwarding turned on with bogus address

e-mail forwarding turned on with bogus address

Highlighted
Copper Contributor masterblaster
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(383 Views)

FYI;

My Verizon e-mail account has been apparently hacked into. I suddenly stopped receiving e-mails in Outlook but could still send e-mails. I found out that someone had turned on forwarding in the Verizon webmail settings and put in an e-mail address of dummy12345@dummy12345.com. I contact Verizon and notified them that this occured. I also changed my account password.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(381 Views)

How Long it Takes Hackers to Crack your Passwords

Keep that in mind when changing your passwords. 

Copper Contributor masterblaster
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(376 Views)

I aleady had a 10 character password with a mix of uppercase and numbers.

Before you ask, yes I have checked and there is no key logger that got installed on my computer.

I use Norton's and Malwarebytes to keep my system protected.

I am somewhat concerned at this point because not too long ago someone hacked into my router and every night between 11:00pm and 11:15pm my phone line activates like someone turned on the handset and then turned off.

It's not a cordless frequency issue because I have changed the frequency several times.

If I turn off the cordless base I don't hear anything during that time frame, however I'm not convinced that it's any kind of problem with the cordless base, I think someone is phishing my phone line.

Thanks for the input though, I do agree that 6 characters doesn't cut it and I always encourge others to use at least 9 characters with a mix.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.