e-mail storage-primary vs subaccount
DianeM1

Hello,

My name is Diane {Edited for privacy}. I had FIOS installed in May of this year at my home {Edited for privacy}, Plymouth MA

Unbeknown to me the tech set up my account without considering my preference for an e-mail account. When I said I would like to pick my e-mail address he set up a sub account. I was not told this sub account would have an extremely limited amount of storage. I am a realtor and need to keep my transactions flowing. I set up folders for my clients to put all communications in and constantly finding my mailbox full causing me to delete precious correspondence. I have contacted Verizon at least 3xs regarding my e-mail to have this situation corrected. This has cost me quite a bit of time and frustration. One time the girl told me I needed to download firefox for a browser and my problems would be taken care of-of course this did not solve the problem of storage. Again, I called hoping to have my issue resolved and I was told I could forward my-e-mails to the primary but the storage would not change of course I asked what the advantage was-she laughed and said none. She then suggested I use outlook, I told her I do not use outlook for e-mail. She then said there was nothing she could do. Next I decided to do a chat (since it seems that is what the reps do when I call in. He too advised me to use outlook. I told him I do not use outlook for e-mail. He then suggested forwarding and told me what I was told earlier was not so the primary account has 2 GB of storage where as sub account only have 250 MB. Sounded like a reasonable work around. I must say this person seemed to be genuinely concerned and to try his best to help me. Well this work around has proved to be very cumbersome to work with. The return address is of the primary account holder confusing the recipients. Many of which are my clients.

Considering the status of you company, Fios is to be such high technology, and that I have a 2 year contract with Verizon (defining my loyalty and trust I have in Verizon) and also, I had no consideration in choosing my e-mail. I would hope my problem could be resolved.

Sincerely

Diane {Edited for privacy}

Since that time I had more contacts but never resolution or answers to my inquiries. One phone contact I was told I could disconnect my service and after 30 days my e-mail address would be available-meanwhile what do I do about my customers? On another phone calal initiaed by my husband I was told I could disconnect and reconnect immediately and have my e-mail address that I want as my primary. I have been hesitant to do this because I have had conflicting info. What would you suggest because I really need the extra storage and my e-mail ddress of {Edited for privacy}

thank you

Diane

0 Likes
Re: e-mail storage-primary vs subaccount
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

DianeM,

Sorry that we could not make your account the primary account but we hope that the assistance we provided was helpful to you.  Please reach out to us anytime for assistance.

Tonya D.

0 Likes
kac4

I would like to know the solution to this.  My husband's sub account is for his work as well (self-employed) and his mailbox keeps getting full and we have found out that numerous emails are not getting through.   Any suggestions???

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@kac wrote:

I would like to know the solution to this.  My husband's sub account is for his work as well (self-employed) and his mailbox keeps getting full and we have found out that numerous emails are not getting through.   Any suggestions???

I'm not sure what Verizon did for the OP, but I would suggest using an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird to store your email locally rather than on Verizon's servers. I would also recommend getting an email account with a provider other than Verizon, but I understand that is not always feasible.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The Primary Email accounts hold upto 2 gb of email's so it rarely gets full. if it does then that's just someone who never cleans out there email bin, and simply needs to go in and make more room. 

The sub accounts are around 250mb of email storage, so that is quite a bit less, and the only real way around that, is as mentioned, with the use of an email client like windows live mail or outlook, or thunderbird, where you use it on your PC and it downloads the messages FROM the verizon servers, and stores them on your PC instead - your pc has virtually unlimited space.  When you run out you just back up stuff to a usb/hard drive etc....

Use the instructions at www.verizon.com/repair to set up an email client. There is even an automated set up you could use.