e-mail will not open
hblon
I sign on and get to my e-mail page but none of my messages appear. It is like all the border information for Verizon appears but not my messages. I also have notice when using other computers the computer do allow viewing and utilization of activity of my messages. sounds like a problem with this computer . How can I correct this issue?
0 Likes
Re: e-mail will not open
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Maybe they are using different browser. I get a blank email page using IE 11 but not Edge or Google Chrome. I've been complaining for over a week now. This all started when they put on their new My Verizon page. Holly PS: Read my comments on the Email Forum and another that was moved to the General Residential page.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

If you are using IE 11 let me know as I just found a solution.

Holly

0 Likes
4dbirds

Holly, we are using IE 11 and have the same problem. What is a work-a-round if you have one. Thanks.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Go to Tools and click on Compatibility View Settings and uncheck Use Microsoft Compatibility Lists.

This didn't happen to me until I got the Anniversary Windows Update last weekend so I'm thniking it was changed then as I didn't make any changes to the Compatibility View Settings, and I'm not sure if there was a check by Use Microsoft Compatibility Lists before the Anniversary Windows Update was installed on my computer.

Let me know if you just recently installed that Windows Anniversary update.

I was blaming Verizon annd it was probably Microsoft. Are you having trouble staying signed in for 2 weeks as that is another recent problem, which does have to be a Verizon  problem? This not staying signed in for 2 weeks has been happening since they put on the new My Verizon page.

Holly

Re: Cannot access webmail using Internet Explorer 11
Walkersara
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am having the exact same problem just as you described. I uninstalled Internet Explorer 11 and went back to Explorer 8 (NO JOY) went up to Explorer 10 still (NO JOY). Verizon has done something that s preventing the display of emails. Get to the email page and it is blank??????? Emails work fine with Google, but I want to stay with Internet Explorer....HELP....Verizon won't admit anything is wrong.
0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

To: Walkersara 

Right above your message is my message as to what I did, and it worked.

Holly

PS: I kept IE 11 as that came with my computer. However, I did get the Windows 10 Anniversary update a week ago and I thought mybe that was the cause of the Blank email page. I also had a message on this forum that my browser (IE11) was outdated. They thought I had IE9.

That message disappeared too when I tried the remedy in my last message. I don't like IE 11 but think it should work. I have very few problems with Microsoft Edge which came with my new computer along with IE11.  I like Google Chrome the best as I have fewer problems with it.

0 Likes
4dbirds

Thank you Holly as removing verizon.com from compatability view worked per your instructions. BTW, we have Windows 8.1 and have no plans to update to Windows 10 unless we must. So far, our keep me signed in for 2 weeks login is still working also. Thanks again.

0 Likes
4dbirds

Walker, Holly's solution works for IE11. You need to remone verizon.com from compatability view per her instructions.

0 Likes