email access via POP3 not being deleted from server
denisem7761

I have sync'd my phone to my Verizon.net account and everything seems to work great... except one thing.  When I delete the email from my phone a copy of it still stays on the server.  Unfortunately it is the Droid X and unlike the blackberry it does not give me the option to select to delete it from the mailbox as well.  Is there any way to make a setting on my verizon.net account that will provide for better sync'ing?  I would like to have my email both on my PC and on my phone - but the point of accessing my email on the phone is so that I can delete the junk and keep what I need to ... this is making me have to do the work twice.

PS I searched through the threads for a similar issue and only came across one.  However, the topic was closed by an admin stating that the issue belongs in the wireless community.  I'm not sure I agree with this only because the issue has to do with accessing verizon.net mail via POP3 more than it does with the phone being used to access it (I would think anyway).  In any case if anyone has some input on this I would appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Re: email access via POP3 not being deleted from server
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

AFAIK, the device in question would have to "delete from server when deleted". The web page (server) has no way to know when you delete it from the phone. The computer can do this, but without that feature on the droid, I think your stuck.

denisem7761

The more I poke around the more I am reaching that same conclusion 😞  I am using TouchDown for Exchange for my work email.  I guess I will see if I can set up a second account on the software, or maybe I will use the K9 email software I keep seeing mentioned.  Coming from a blackberry I have to say the email functionality on the Droid X is quite disappointing... but that's for another forum 🙂   Thanks for your input!

0 Likes
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

Even when I read my email using Windows VISTA WinMail and delete a message, it remains on the webmail server!  I did choose the setting to retain on the server (for 30 days) but when I delete a message that I"ve read from my INBOX the Pop server should be deleting it from Verizon's server.

at least other ISP did for 10 years!

0 Likes