Switch Account

email addresses

Contributor sawman200
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(581 Views)

I am recieving emails with nothing in the "To" field. My email address is not in there as it normally is. When I try to mark the mail as junk, as well as the sender, I get an error message telling me it can't move it to the junk folder because of that empty field. All I am able to do is delete the mail. Does anybody know what/why this is happening? I this some new way mass mailers (junk mailers) have come up with to avoid getting marked as junk senders? I use Outlook 2007 / Vista Home Prem......

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(577 Views)

Your address is probably in the BCC field.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(543 Views)

Most likely BCC'd as mentioned above. A good anti-spam solution should not care how that is formatted and junk it before it hits the inbox. Outlook may be deficient in this department or it does not have a rule set up for this.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.